Wiki Posts
Search

LHR-HKG

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:59 am
Original Poster

LHR-HKG

Hi FTs,

Finally got around to book the trip to Australia.

Do CX use different configs of the 773 on the LHR-HKG sector? Outbound there was the small Business Cabin row 11/12 which was not possible to book online, however a quick phone call to CX sorted this, I believe this is due to OW Emerald status, do they block those seats?

On the return however it seems it is a 3 class 773, starting at row 11 through to 23. I did not realise they utilise those on LHR flights, so we chose 12D/G to sit and at least eat together.

The Airbus to and from Australia had most seats blocked out already (we travel in November) so we chose 2 window seats as 90% of the D seats showed unavailable (taken or blocked I guess).

Having only travelled Australia-HKG and regional flights so far in CX J, we really look forward to the journey all the way this time.

Might see at some stage how mich the upgrade to F on the LHR-HKG is as the whole itinerary with only 1 sector in F showed €9500 more p.P

Any experience with that?

Thanks againin advance for all your input fellow FTers
Old Jan 6, 2014, 10:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
The new business class is so good its simply not worth paying for F unless you want to burn miles, you will look at BA like a 2nd class carrier after this trip.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 12:22 am

Programs: BA bronze
Originally Posted by mayodave
The new business class is so good its simply not worth paying for F unless you want to burn miles, you will look at BA like a 2nd class carrier after this trip.
Totally agree, just did my first flight with CX in J from LHR to SYD via HKG. Miles ahead of what BA now offer in the lounges and onboard. I was really impressed with the transfers at HKG off the aircraft and through transfers and in the lounge having a shower 15 mins after landing.

Old Jan 7, 2014, 2:42 am

Programs: CX DM
There are two types of 77Ws flying LHR HKG Route. 4 Class planes have a mini J cabin in front with rows 11,12. 3 Class planes have no F and a not quite as small mini J cabin behind the main J cabin.

I generally avoid row 12 middle seats of the mini cabin on 4 class because the toilet doors may slam and wake you up.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 5:14 am

Programs: CX Gold, QF Bronze
is it possible to do mileage upgrade from PEY to J with the mini-cabin selected in 77H?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 6:53 am

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
Originally Posted by derek2010
is it possible to do mileage upgrade from PEY to J with the mini-cabin selected in 77H?
Why wouldn't it be possible? I've done this recently. I suppose the only issue is whether they're available by the time the upgrade clears.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Loks like I have done the right choice. So far we have been very impressed on the shorter flights

Booked 11D&G on the 4 class for the reason not be right next to the toilet @:-)
Old Jan 8, 2014, 4:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flier74
Loks like I have done the right choice. So far we have been very impressed on the shorter flights

Booked 11D&G on the 4 class for the reason not be right next to the toilet @:-)
11 or 12 makes no odds to be honest the toilet is far enough behind you not to be heard or cause any people hanging around your seat
Old Jan 8, 2014, 7:17 pm

Programs: CX DM
Flew BA to LHR over Xmas because of their excellent baggage allowance (3x32 vs 30 +20) but apart from that, no comparison with CX. Seating / IFE / catering / lounges all inferior - really no competition.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
the only reason to fly F not J is ur guts wont be pushed to the side if you arent feeling 100% that day. and the krug and caviar if you care.

that's all really... well, and dine @demand
Old Jan 8, 2014, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
You have that right. I lamented the loss of F on the YYZ HKG route but saving from $3,000 to $5,000 on the NGBC seats pays for a lot of meals and hotels. Better meals and better hotels than even the excellent F service on CX.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 3:35 am
Suspended

I can well believe that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.