Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Photos of the new Cathay Pacific Lounge at Hong Kong- 'The Bridge'

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Photos of the new Cathay Pacific Lounge at Hong Kong- 'The Bridge'

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2013, 12:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by QRC3288
Ha, count me as one who is glad to see the Evian go. Bonaqua is fine with me. Would rather they spend the money elsewhere.
But that is mineralised water and taste like crap!
Old Nov 28, 2013, 12:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kaka
when are you staying till? can you guest me in? LOL. maybe i should start packing now...
Y don't you goto the CA lounge since you like them so much?
Don't you feel a bit annoying always asking for access to lounges?
Old Nov 28, 2013, 3:58 am

Programs: BA gold
Some pictures from my trip tonight to add to what PETER01 has taken...

http://imgur.com/a/Spk43#20

Plus a photo of the shower room in The Bridge... http://i.imgur.com/8rgudZO.jpg (large file)
Old Nov 29, 2013, 3:54 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Had a shower at "The Bridge"' followed by dinner at the bistro style buffet restaurant and and espresso at the coffee bar.

Well excecuted. but less private seating than at "The Cabin" So actually still prefer the latter of the two new waiting areas.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 8:00 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Bonaqua sucks in a way that the water tastes of the plastic. maybe i'm high maintenanced or maybe i'm just sensitive on my taste buds.

Originally Posted by correctioncx
Y don't you goto the CA lounge since you like them so much?
Don't you feel a bit annoying always asking for access to lounges?
how does that bother you. and mind you i have no shame on clicking the red triangle. I cant go to the CA lounge anyways. AND,starting from 1Jan I can start offering people lounge trips on the favor of JAL
Old Dec 3, 2013, 7:12 am

Programs: BA silver
Just revisited on my way back from SGN. I love this lounge, but a lack of a Noodle bar meant i took the walk to the Pier.

the shower is amazing! literal raindrops falling from the ceiling... the perks of semi-Elite status has opened my eyes
Old Dec 3, 2013, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by kaka
Bonaqua sucks in a way that the water tastes of the plastic. maybe i'm high maintenanced or maybe i'm just sensitive on my taste buds.
Bonaqua water does taste odd. In fact, most Coca-Cola branded water tastes funny (including Dasani elsewhere). Danone- and Nestle-branded water tastes fine, but if you are strictly talking about Hong Kong - produced bottled water, all the available Danone products in Hong Kong (Evian, Volvic) as well as Nestle products (Vittel, Perrier) are import items.

I would go for boiled tap water anytime in Hong Kong, rather than Bonaqua.

Back to the lounge itself, and this may be a very stupid question:

Is the Bridge where the old Plaza Premium Lounge West used to be ? Plaza Premium used to have an even older lounge on Level 7, facing the old JAL lounge, before they opened the lounge near Gate 1. Is the new Plaza Premium Lounge West back at THAT location ?

Which CX lounges are now run by Peninsula and which lounges are now run by Plaza Premium ?

Last edited by zhaobao; Dec 3, 2013 at 10:21 pm
Old Dec 7, 2013, 2:19 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
http://youtu.be/6hrL8rRxLj0

Video published by Cathay Pacific.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 2:36 am

When I experienced the Bridge I thought it was very homely and tastefully executed. The quality of the food was very good and seemed more extensive than the Wing and definitely more than the Pier. The Bakery was a particular highlight. The only thing missing was a meat pizza (there was only vegetarian and seafood at the time I visited).
Old Dec 14, 2013, 4:29 am

Tried the new lounge services in end of Nov., I prefer the Cabin rather than then Bridge, due to hot dish selection for breakfast session is not good...
Old Dec 16, 2013, 7:33 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by phol
Looks very nice. My next flight out of HK is on Qatar who usually fly from gates not too far from there.

Only disappointment is they bought Macs for the IT zone!
Why not? It's a modern lounge so state of the art computers make sense.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 8:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rickywk
Tried the new lounge services in end of Nov., I prefer the Cabin rather than then Bridge, due to hot dish selection for breakfast session is not good...
I really like the food in the Cabin too, but it tends to get slammed on a regular basis.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero
Lovely report there, PETER01 ^

Without any sense of patriotism, I will add the lounge was in fact designed in London by British architects
If only they can do as nice in their own country hihihi
Old Dec 16, 2013, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero
Lovely report there, PETER01 ^

Without any sense of patriotism, I will add the lounge was in fact designed in London by British architects
Originally Posted by gordon0808
I like the new lounge very much. Good food selection for a business class lounge and champagne is also being served. New and comfortable furniture. Better than BA's Flounge at LHR imo.
+1
Photos seems nicer than the CCR (ok there is a restaurant at the CCR but still...)
Old Dec 16, 2013, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by Aloha1
Why not? It's a modern lounge so state of the art computers make sense.
Its a joke...

although Macs can be a nightmare when attempting to do anything office related as i sometimes need to do in the lounges at HK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.