Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific – Chicago (ORD) Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:39 am
Original Poster

I just checked the Cathay Pacific webpage http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_U...tails.ORD.html and they have listed BA First Class Lounge and BA Business Class Lounge as their lounge in Chicago. I thought Cathay Pacific was using the SAS lounge in Chicago http://boardingarea.com/onemileatati...ounge-chicago/ has anyone recently used Cathay Pacific lounge in Chicago?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 9:02 am

They have changed their lounge to the BA lounge. The BA lounge is tiny. It gets really crowded at around CX's departure time when BA ppl start streaming in..
Old Nov 20, 2013, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RA-wannabe
They have changed their lounge to the BA lounge. The BA lounge is tiny. It gets really crowded at around CX's departure time when BA ppl start streaming in..
Thanks for the update. Yes the BA lounge is tiny but BA has better food compared to SAS.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 9:12 am

Yes.. much better food. And Cathay brings in some "extra food" as well. There's some of the cheese that's being served onboard and some instant ramen as well. Quite nice...
Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:22 am

The J lounge is small and windowless, just like the previous lounge. But if you go all the way to the back it can be slightly less crowded---the front and back rooms are connected by a narrow corridor that discourages people.

The F lounge is across the corridor and so probably has windows.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:58 am

That F lounge is too crowded with most people not flying F (from what I was told), but with Oneworld status.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 11:11 am
mjz

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Platinum
While not lounge related, T5 has undergone an extensive renovation (still in process) which makes it more tolerable. I've got an upcoming flight on CX in J out of ORD, so I'm interested to see how the BA lounge compares to the SAS lounge.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: CX MPC GO; Golden Circle nobody!
I, on the other hand, prefer the food (warm) in Swiss Lounge, but it is kinda unpopular...
Old Nov 20, 2013, 6:54 pm

Programs: CX (elite) and a few others (non-elite)
The F lounge does indeed have windows, but no food, very few power points (there were cables all over the place when I went through earlier this year), and as others have pointed out it gets very crowded. You have to go to the business lounge for food - they have a great cooking station where stir fry meals are made to order (you choose the ingredients, they cook them), but again it is very crowded. There is also a separate dining room, but it is apparently only for F passengers (my oneworld emerald status didn't get me in)

The wine selection, even in the F lounge, was terrible
Old Nov 21, 2013, 3:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by RA-wannabe
Yes.. much better food. And Cathay brings in some "extra food" as well. There's some of the cheese that's being served onboard and some instant ramen as well. Quite nice...
I bet you wouldnt eat the NICE ramen if you knew what goes into them
Old Nov 21, 2013, 11:34 am

Location: California, USA / Tokyo, Japan / Manila, Philippines
Programs: AA / CX MPO AM / Hyatt Discoverist / Marriott Platinum / Shangri-La
I guess mayodave does not eat anything processed. Very healthy but might be an issue considering you'd need packed and canned goods in the fall out shelter.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 8:33 am

Can anyone comment on whether the BA Lounge at ORD is the better option than the Admirals Club?

We're flying first segment on AA J class to PVG then connected to CX to HKG J class so I'm assuming I can use the CX or AA lounger at ORD with this type of ticket.

Last edited by Cdnblue; Mar 11, 2014 at 8:34 am Reason: Typo
Old Mar 11, 2014, 9:02 am

Programs: AA-2MM Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Cdnblue
Can anyone comment on whether the BA Lounge at ORD is the better option than the Admirals Club?

We're flying first segment on AA J class to PVG then connected to CX to HKG J class so I'm assuming I can use the CX or AA lounger at ORD with this type of ticket.
You won't be able to use the BA Lounge because it is located in Terminal 5. Your AA flight to PVG will leave from Terminal 3. The Admirals Club is your only option unless you are an OneWorld Emerald/Aadvantage Executive Platinum, in such case you can use the Flagship Lounge, also located in Terminal 3.

Last edited by Paul3456; Mar 11, 2014 at 9:08 am
Old Mar 11, 2014, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Paul3456
You won't be able to use the BA Lounge because it is located in Terminal 5. Your AA flight to PVG will leave from Terminal 3. The Admirals Club is your only option unless you are an OneWorld Emerald/Aadvantage Executive Platinum, in such case you can use the Flagship Lounge, also located in Terminal 3.
Right, okay. When we arrive in PVG we'll use the CX lounge called Lounge 69? Is this the best and only option in PVG when arriving on AA and departing CX in J?

On a separate note we then fly CX PVG - HKG and have a tight connection in HKG on to BKK of 45 minutes. No time to try out The Wing there unless we misconnect. Hoping that doesn't happen.

I am not OWE and I don't think I'm AA Exec Plat although I do have a AA Citi Exec Plat credit card. Does my credit card give me to access to Flagship Lounge?

Thanks
Old Mar 11, 2014, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Cdnblue
I am not OWE and I don't think I'm AA Exec Plat although I do have a AA Citi Exec Plat credit card. Does my credit card give me to access to Flagship Lounge?
Correct, you will not be able to access the Flagship Lounge at ORD. Requires OneWorld First Class or OneWorld Emerald on same-day international ticket.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...hipLounges.jsp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.