Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific – Chicago (ORD) Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Pacific – Chicago (ORD) Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2017, 1:36 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

DoctorCopper flew out of ORD T5 last night and confirmed the lounge has reopened.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28740201-post9.html
Old Sep 10, 2017, 6:47 am

Does CX check you in for the 807 flight directly from the BA F & J lounges?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by backofthefridge
Does CX check you in for the 807 flight directly from the BA F & J lounges?
Presume that you meant 'board' instead of 'check in'..2/3 of my ex-ORD departures boarded direct from the BA F lounge, while 1 had been from a gate a short walk away.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 6:59 am

Yep, meant "board"...thank you!

Flying CX J soon & also have Priority Pass; just wondering what my best lounge option is. I'll probably just stick with BA.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 7:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
There is no boarding from the lounge as the gate used is the one adjacent to it instead (M11).

But there are Cx staff in the BA Flounge that will individually announce to you that it's time to board (or if in F, walk with you out)- I guess it doesn't relate to your case anyway.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 10:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
ORD flyers may wish to take note that they have now moved to gate M15 - no idea if its permanent or temporary. It was a ridiculous long walk to immigration and wait for bags, if anything. As if the BA F lounge was not bad enough, now there isn't even the gorgeous 77W to stare at while waiting for boarding.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
Is M15 really that much further than M11? It doesn't look like it on the map. I'm on it in a few weeks.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 8:51 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Accessing T3 on CX 807

Random question - Flying CX807 in a few weeks but arriving on AA on separate PNR so I will have to claim them re-check my bags. Was planning to spend some time in AA Flagship lounge in T3 but will I be able to clear security back into T3 after I leave?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Just for a DP: Inbound J on CX HKG-ORD and ongoing on separate PNR in econ. Slightly burdensome to check in to Admirals club in T3 b/c system wants to only recognize econ/final destination boarding pass. Agent was able to override (or something). Later I asked about Flagship access and was granted after producing J CX inbound boarding passes again. It's funny, I usually don't save them but this time I did. Flagship has much bigger selection of food but it frankly didn't look all that appetizing. Best part is the self serve premium liquor and the nice wine selection. We're here a couple of hours, so it will be nice with those perks.
Gongzuokuang likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA PP 8MM, UA 1K 1MM, DL Gold 2MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Access AA FL Prior to CX Flight at ORD?

I'm originating in ORD and would prefer the AA Flagship Lounge in T3 to the dismal BA First lounge in T5. Is it possible to present a CX boarding pass at T3 security, use the Flagship Lounge there, and take the bus to T5 for boarding?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
Originally Posted by B2707
I'm originating in ORD and would prefer the AA Flagship Lounge in T3 to the dismal BA First lounge in T5. Is it possible to present a CX boarding pass at T3 security, use the Flagship Lounge there, and take the bus to T5 for boarding?
Yes I have done this several times; you can even go through the TSA Precheck lane in T3. Just be careful there seems to be a shuttle driver's break during the time CX807 departures, so it is better to leave a little earlier.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by shd9
Yes I have done this several times; you can even go through the TSA Precheck lane in T3. Just be careful there seems to be a shuttle driver's break during the time CX807 departures, so it is better to leave a little earlier.
Thanks for the information--especially the warning re the lunch hour for the connection-bus driver.

Entering via T3 becomes a double win: a better lounge experience (AA FL vs BA F lounge) and TSA Pre-Check, since it apparently still isn't available in T5. https://www.flychicago.com/ohare/myf...Pages/TSA.aspx
Old Nov 17, 2018, 1:58 pm

Thanks for the info. How do you check in at T3 for a CX flight? At the aa kiosk?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 3:41 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by thatdarnpunk
Thanks for the info. How do you check in at T3 for a CX flight? At the aa kiosk?
If you have checked bag and originates from ORD, you have to go to T5. Otherwise, you can get boarding pass by OLCI, or if you originate from another AA flight and have everything in one PNR, bags will be checked through and you would already be in T3.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
If you have checked bag and originates from ORD, you have to go to T5. Otherwise, you can get boarding pass by OLCI, or if you originate from another AA flight and have everything in one PNR, bags will be checked through and you would already be in T3.
Since I originated in Chicago and didn't need to check a bag I printed out my boarding pass and showed the person who guards the T3 precheck line the very fine grey print under the QR code that says "TSA PRECHECK". No problem. The TSA agent who scanned my boarding pass asked if I knew I was in the wrong terminal. When I explained that I was going to use the Flagship Lounge and then take the shuttle bus to T5, he said that's fine, as long as you know what you're doing.

There was a fairly unusual routing for the ORD-HKG flight: we flew east from Chicago rather than west (over eastern Canada and Greenland), so this became a true around-the-world trip since the return from HKG was also to the east (over Alaska and western/central Canada).
ernestnywang likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.