Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific – Chicago (ORD) Lounge

Cathay Pacific – Chicago (ORD) Lounge

Old Mar 11, 2014, 4:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cdnblue
On a separate note we then fly CX PVG - HKG and have a tight connection in HKG on to BKK of 45 minutes. No time to try out The Wing there unless we misconnect. Hoping that doesn't happen.
Good luck
Old Mar 11, 2014, 4:30 pm

On a separate note we then fly CX PVG - HKG and have a tight connection in HKG on to BKK of 45 minutes. No time to try out The Wing there unless we misconnect. Hoping that doesn't happen.
I believe the MCT for CX-CX in HKG is 50min.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA

I am not OWE and I don't think I'm AA Exec Plat although I do have a AA Citi Exec Plat credit card. Does my credit card give me to access to Flagship Lounge?

Thanks
Flagship lounge access is only for OWE on OW First class passengers (International). J class boarding pass will not give you access to flagship but to the Admirals club which has barely any food offering and very average free alcohol. If you are flying international, they may give you drink coupons for premium beverage - this is fairly inconsistent from club to club.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
Originally Posted by avm2806
Flagship lounge access is only for OWE on OW First class passengers (International). J class boarding pass will not give you access to flagship but to the Admirals club which has barely any food offering and very average free alcohol. If you are flying international, they may give you drink coupons for premium beverage - this is fairly inconsistent from club to club.
Sorry but this is incorrect. Here are the access criteria.
  • First Class on an American Airlines marketed and operated international* flight. Lounge access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying international segment.
  • First Class cabin on an American Airlines marketed and operated three-class nonstop transcontinental flight. Lounge access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying transcontinental segment.
  • American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum® customers when departing on or connecting to an international* flight, operated and marketed by a oneworld® airline, regardless of cabin flown
  • oneworld First Class international* customers when departing on or connecting to a oneworld marketed and operated flight
  • oneworld Emerald customers** when departing on or connecting to any oneworld marketed and operated flight, regardless of cabin flown. Access is valid on a same day itinerary.

Also OWE/OWS get access to the admirals club on international flights and always get premium drink coupons.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 6:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
Originally Posted by YouGeeElWhy
  • First Class on an American Airlines marketed and operated international* flight. Lounge access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying international segment.
  • First Class cabin on an American Airlines marketed and operated three-class nonstop transcontinental flight. Lounge access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying transcontinental segment.
  • American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum® customers when departing on or connecting to an international* flight, operated and marketed by a oneworld® airline, regardless of cabin flown
  • oneworld First Class international* customers when departing on or connecting to a oneworld marketed and operated flight
  • oneworld Emerald customers** when departing on or connecting to any oneworld marketed and operated flight, regardless of cabin flown. Access is valid on a same day itinerary.

Also OWE/OWS get access to the admirals club on international flights and always get premium drink coupons.
What is wrong about what the poster you quoted said? Also, non-AA OWE/OWS get access on all itineraries. It's only AA members who don't get access on domestic itineraries.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 4:46 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by avm2806
Originally Posted by CrazyJ82
What is wrong about what the poster you quoted said? Also, non-AA OWE/OWS get access on all itineraries. It's only AA members who don't get access on domestic itineraries.
I think it would be almost right if "on" is changed to "or."
Old Mar 18, 2014, 12:10 pm

going on a Cathay pacific flight AA code share in terminal 5. I am platinum but flying in coach. Admirals club member, is there any lounge access for me in terminal 5?
Old Mar 18, 2014, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by rjgogo
going on a Cathay pacific flight AA code share in terminal 5. I am platinum but flying in coach. Admirals club member, is there any lounge access for me in terminal 5?
Since you're AA Platinum (OW Sapphire) travelling on a OW partner int'l flight then you're entitled to access the BA Terraces in Terminal 5 (between gates M11 & M12). If you're coming from another domestic flight you could also visit the ORD Admiral's Clubs in T3 prior to transferring over to T5.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by TrAAveller
Since you're AA Platinum (OW Sapphire) travelling on a OW partner int'l flight then you're entitled to access the BA Terraces in Terminal 5 (between gates M11 & M12). If you're coming from another domestic flight you could also visit the ORD Admiral's Clubs in T3 prior to transferring over to T5.
Thanks, I had read on some other searches that people had trouble getting into the BA lounge when flying on Cathay.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA-2MM Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by rjgogo
Thanks, I had read on some other searches that people had trouble getting into the BA lounge when flying on Cathay.
That was previous when Cathay was using other lounges (Swiss &/or SAS).

Cathay is now using BA lounges exclusively at ORD so you shouldn't have any problem.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Paul3456
That was previous when Cathay was using other lounges (Swiss &/or SAS).

Cathay is now using BA lounges exclusively at ORD so you shouldn't have any problem.
Thank you.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:08 pm

Programs: CX (elite) and a few others (non-elite)
Just to be clear on this. As a oneworld sapphire member on a oneworld marketed and operated international* flight you are entitled to use ANY oneworld business class lounge, save where the lounge is full, or is operated by a third party, or certain QR lounges. I strongly suggest you print out the access rules and take them with you. There are plenty of stories of undertrained lounge receptionists refusing entry on the basis of misunderstanding the rules. If you are able to point to the rules, it is going to be tough for them to refuse you entry.

I often use oneworld lounges which are not those of the carrier I am flying. For example, although I am a CX FF and fly CX to these destinations, I would generally use the AA lounge at NRT, the BA lounge at LHR and the QF lounge at SIN. I have not yet had a problem.

* I include the word international here since you derive your oneworld status from AA, and like QF they do not give lounge access based on status for domestic flights.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:16 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by IanFromHKG

* I include the word international here since you derive your oneworld status from AA, and like QF they do not give lounge access based on status for domestic flights.
Not sure if I misinterpreted, but just to be clear, QF does give access to their Qantas Club or Domestic Business Lounges for their Gold and Platinum status members when flying on domestic flights within Australia.
Old Mar 19, 2014, 7:23 am

Anyone had luck accessing the ORD T5 Air France KLM Lounge that is operated on behalf of Royal Jordanian. It is listed in the oneworld lounges for ORD, but clearly it's a third party. Curious if they allow access to CX passengers as this lounge is open prior to CX departures.

OW policy states (my emphasis): "A non-affiliated third party may operate some lounges on behalf of the individual airline. Access to some lounges operated by third-parties on behalf of oneworld member airlines may be restricted at some times."
Old Mar 19, 2014, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by YouGeeElWhy
I believe this means I should be allowed access when arriving on CX international F and connecting to AA domestic Y. Is that correct?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.