Search

BKK lounge noodle [looting]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2013, 12:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Unhappy BKK lounge noodle [looting]

For all you lovers of dry noodles I now know why they dont have many to offer. Just watched 2 women load their bags with all the dried noodles in packets and pots.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 1:28 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I have seen people tip trays of the kee wah biscuits into their bags at HKG.

Incidentally, and maybe deliberately, there are no packaged snacks at The Bridge for looting.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 7:18 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
with labor in HK being so cheap it could be more cost effective to have a staff man these "small take-away" section so looting can be prevented and still offer the products.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 7:41 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by fakecd
with labor in HK being so cheap it could be more cost effective to have a staff man these "small take-away" section so looting can be prevented and still offer the products.
Labour being cheap - do you eat out at HK regularly? Particularly at lunch?! So hard to find staffers I help myself as much as I can - even refilling my table's tea pots at Yum Cha.

P.S. I do loot bottled water at Plaza Premium. I think my record is 14 when I single-handedly supplied every colleague with a bottle of water for the long haul trip to this year's offsite. Damn CX for not supplying water in Y on long haul (travelling in Y is our price we pay for getting the offsite), even if yes it is robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mayodave
For all you lovers of dry noodles I now know why they dont have many to offer. Just watched 2 women load their bags with all the dried noodles in packets and pots.
Were they DM's? Or DM's spouses?
Maybe they are transiting in HKG and didn't want to be disappointed in Wing F's watery congee
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:25 am
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by mayodave
Where you taking CX 2700? The lady in question. Was she wearing white rimmed glasses? If so, everyone knows this lady. She's a DM. Does this route 5 days a week. CX 2700 and back on 703 or 709.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by percysmith
Labour being cheap - do you eat out at HK regularly? Particularly at lunch?! So hard to find staffers I help myself as much as I can - even refilling my table's tea pots at Yum Cha.

P.S. I do loot bottled water at Plaza Premium. I think my record is 14 when I single-handedly supplied every colleague with a bottle of water for the long haul trip to this year's offsite. Damn CX for not supplying water in Y on long haul (travelling in Y is our price we pay for getting the offsite), even if yes it is robbing Peter to pay Paul.
CX does offer water and other drinks even in Y class. Just that ur colleagues and you prefer mineralised bottles water. Then you can byo or buy urself rather than looting
Old Nov 17, 2013, 12:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fakecd
Hkg is anything but cheap. U know how much dish washing staff gets these days in restaurants
Old Nov 17, 2013, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by correctioncx
CX does offer water and other drinks even in Y class. Just that ur colleagues and you prefer mineralised bottles water. Then you can byo or buy urself rather than looting
I admit to collective Hongkie behaviour - 1. we can ask for it so we don't want to open our wallets and buy it (I do ex-SYD) 2. but between asking and looting we prefer looting - less effort involved (esp with current post-PE staffing in Y) and we drink adequately.

We have no preference for mineralised water and the water the FAs serve.

An improvement to looting I'm starting to do - bring empty bottle. Last time on SQ it was a good way to get water ex-SIN (where water gets confiscated at the gate) - they have water fountain on board their 77Ws.

But are there water fountains in CX Y? I don't recall seeing them.

Last edited by percysmith; Nov 17, 2013 at 5:23 pm
Old Nov 17, 2013, 5:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by correctioncx
Hkg is anything but cheap. U know how much dish washing staff gets these days in restaurants
Are you serious?! Labour is cheap in HK. In HK we like to throw cheap labour at a problem rather than develop more efficient processes.

Btw, according to the 2012 census, the average monthly wage for a dishwasher is HK$ 8,948. That's a mere US$ 1,152 or UKŁ 760.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 5:33 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Labour's tight. On a coupon walk yesterday I saw "we're hiring' signs in cafe de coral, parknshop and Watsons simultaneously.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 6:06 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, QF Platinum and Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by bibbju
Are you serious?! Labour is cheap in HK. In HK we like to throw cheap labour at a problem rather than develop more efficient processes.

Btw, according to the 2012 census, the average monthly wage for a dishwasher is HK$ 8,948. That's a mere US$ 1,152 or UKŁ 760.
Comparitive to the rest of Asia (and Central America) that sort of wage for a dishwasher is at a C level.. full time office staff in the PH are at about US$300 per month with 100's of applicants for every position. Helper/wait staff at about $100 per month.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 6:09 pm
Suspended

An improvement to looting I'm starting to do - bring empty bottle. Last time on SQ it was a good way to get water ex-SIN (where water gets confiscated at the gate) - they have water fountain on board their 77Ws.

But are there water fountains in CX Y? I don't recall seeing them.
If I recall correctly, even CA's LH aircraft had a water fountain/dispenser too.

The only ones you can find in CX is the one in the galleries. But if you're travelling in Y on a 77H. I find the 'mini-bar/gallery' between 46HJK and 59HJK the most convenience. It's off to the side, without having to interrupt the FA's inside the gallery itself.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 6:10 pm
Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Labour's tight. On a coupon walk yesterday I saw "we're hiring' signs in cafe de coral, parknshop and Watsons simultaneously.
I'm not sure about ParkNShop and Watson, but I recall walking past those posters at Cafe De Coral too. Even the entry level jobs listed on there was around 12-15k a month
Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
If I recall correctly, even CA's LH aircraft had a water fountain/dispenser too.

The only ones you can find in CX is the one in the galleries. But if you're travelling in Y on a 77H. I find the 'mini-bar/gallery' between 46HJK and 59HJK the most convenience. It's off to the side, without having to interrupt the FA's inside the gallery itself.
Gallery? U mean galley?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.