Wiki Posts
Search

New Aria Suite

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2023, 1:23 am
Original Poster

New Aria Suite

CX just released this
announcing Aria Suite on board 777-300 from Q2 2024.
aquanine and Arsene Wenger like this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 1:58 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, Asia Miles, GarudaMiles
Interesting! looks like JX J cabin for me. I wonder if the F & Y get the new seat design as well!
aquanine likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 2:29 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...edesigned.html
aquanine and Arsene Wenger like this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by mrpacifist
CX just released this video announcing Aria Suite on board 777-300ER from Q2 2024.
Slight correction, it's on their 77W's, not their old 777-300's
Old Aug 7, 2023, 3:10 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Where are they getting the money for this refurb??
Old Aug 7, 2023, 3:51 am

Confusingly it looks a little bit more like a Super Diamond shell than a Zodiac Cirrus. My favourite thing about the CX seat compared to any other J seat is that while sleeping, I can roll over to a different side without banging my knees on a tray table or TV (and there's just way more room for my legs in general). Hopefully they haven't gone for the fixed TV option but it definitely looks like it.
l380, lsquare, SLGO and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 3:52 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Hopefully they start flying more of the planes they already actually have.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 3:55 am

Programs: CX Marco Polo Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold
https://www.adient-aerospace.com/products

This somehow appears to be the seat that CX has chosen.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by richiealexander
Interesting! looks like JX J cabin for me. I wonder if the F & Y get the new seat design as well!
I'm guessing Y won't since those seats are new from the 10-abreast reconfiguration. But the PE seats are in dire need of replacement. I'd expect the new F seats for the 779 to be launched soon as well.

Side note, I'm a little disappointed by the lack of green. I wonder what the entire cabin will look like.

Since CX couldn't wait for the 779s to launch their new products, I wonder if that's an indication that only 15 (or fewer) will be delivered, with the other 6 switched to the 778F order that hasn't been formally announced.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 4:31 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by lesteryen
https://www.adient-aerospace.com/products

This somehow appears to be the seat that CX has chosen.
Unlikely as the adient product centre seats angle away from each other.
wk989 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by cx4ever
Confusingly it looks a little bit more like a Super Diamond shell than a Zodiac Cirrus. My favourite thing about the CX seat compared to any other J seat is that while sleeping, I can roll over to a different side without banging my knees on a tray table or TV (and there's just way more room for my legs in general). Hopefully they haven't gone for the fixed TV option but it definitely looks like it.
Looks like it is the Safran Versa Platform and all the pictures I've seen point to a fixed TV, maybe that is why.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 5:25 am

For those interested - selected screencaps brightened and enhanced (perhaps the only good type of 'enhancement' in the airline world?) in the hope of showing a little more detail...

Obligatory but-not-necessary-to-read link to my own article with some extra notes: https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...ss-class-suite

Last edited by djsflynn; Aug 7, 2023 at 6:10 am
Old Aug 7, 2023, 5:36 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Thanks djsflynn for the enhanced images. This does appear to be a variation of the Adient Ascent platform, which will deliver significant weight savings to Cathay plus an opportunity to increase the seating density over the existing Cirrus seats
Old Aug 7, 2023, 5:51 am

I'm not 100% sure which of the known platforms this is based on, but I've little doubt that seat geek John Walton from Runway Girl will soon be able to identify it.
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2023, 5:56 am

My first impression… ooo, so sexy!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.