Bassinet reservation

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2013, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
Bassinet reservation

Hi all

First time flying with a baby so understandably a bit jittery

Our travel agent has confirmed my wife and me in 39F and 39G on the 33G configuration which is the front bassinet row.

The agent says that she has reserved the bassinet for us. Our itinerary even has infant/baby food request confirmed (though we're unlikely to need it).

I've read a couple of things online where a few people recently have not had bassinets given to them through lost bookings or the like.

Is there anything I should be doing to ensure that we retain 39F and 39G?

We're leaving in about a month. Obviously if we are allowed to OLCI then I'd do it there but that's 24 hours (or is it 48?) before the flight. Our baby will be 4 months old at time of travel.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 6:22 am
Suspended

You're worrying too much.
OLCI is T-48 hrs.

/thread
Old Oct 1, 2013, 6:48 am

I think you should be good as you're already assigned the bassinet seat with an infant ticket. You can call in to Cathay to confirm the bassinet request if you want. I did that myself earlier this year when I traveled with my son.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
My day job is to worry so unfortunately it's part of my DNA!

Thanks for your assurance. Obviously will take the normal evidence of booking those seats etc.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 6:08 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Don't worry about it.

The chance of you not getting a bassinet is almost zero. Personally I would not mess with OLCI if the travel agent has already got you into the bassinet row. It will likely only open up a possibility for something to go wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.