Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

No award seats (business) available except for Wednesday?

Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Looking for two business class flight from YYZ to HKG for next March/April/May, nothing comes up except Wednesday and Thursday. Is there something wrong with the system or this is the way as it is a high demand route?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:26 pm

Nothing wrong with the system. You are just too late.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by neuro0
Nothing wrong with the system. You are just too late.
I guess so... but even Aug/Sept 2014 (up to 1st week of Sept) are all out as well, with only Wednesday flights available. Maybe I'm really late?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:02 pm
Original Poster

On a side note, don't know if the AE Platinium-BA and RBC-BA points offer have anything to do with this, making CX holding on to the seats as it is so easy to score the points now.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 11:33 pm

I suspect the seats were not released other days of the week, rather than them being already taken by other FF's. There are numerous routes where award seats only available on one or two days of the week if you are looking well in advance.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
As I have previously mentioned the CX yield on premium class seats has been really good the last quarter and is looking good for the future. I understand this will be released in the next results.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mayodave
As I have previously mentioned the CX yield on premium class seats has been really good the last quarter and is looking good for the future. I understand this will be released in the next results.
That's not a good news for flyers...

In addition, no premium economy seats are available at all, NONE... wonder what's the point of scoring more miles when they're of no use... (at least for myself)
Old Sep 11, 2013, 4:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
To be honest I tend to use miles for my wife most of the time and she knows well in advance when she will be free to travel with me. We are lucky as it doesnt normally matter which European port we fly into so normally no problem to get a location to get business class seats on.

If people paying for seats is on the rise then thats great for CX. I booked last week to fly to Europe next week and there was not so many options open. Business class on CX to Europe is becoming too popular.

Last edited by mayodave; Sep 11, 2013 at 11:42 pm
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by GabL
I guess so... but even Aug/Sept 2014 (up to 1st week of Sept) are all out as well, with only Wednesday flights available. Maybe I'm really late?
There were redemption seats available in Apr/May almost everyday (except Sat) if you checked a coupons ago. You're probably too late.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AC E35k
Originally Posted by GabL
That's not a good news for flyers...

In addition, no premium economy seats are available at all, NONE... wonder what's the point of scoring more miles when they're of no use... (at least for myself)
Searching for PEY using the award engine seems to be glitched, several members here have called MPC and found plenty of award space despite the website saying otherwise.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yamanote8
Searching for PEY using the award engine seems to be glitched, several members here have called MPC and found plenty of award space despite the website saying otherwise.
When I search on MPC for PEY seats, it automatically bumped me to business... and when I use BA to search, nothing at all for PEY... Hope cx is fixing this soon, as partner airline can't see if it's a glitch or not...
Old Sep 11, 2013, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trader00
There were redemption seats available in Apr/May almost everyday (except Sat) if you checked a coupons ago. You're probably too late.
Yes, that's what I found, back in June time. But after the system upgrade at BA, everything is gone!! Which leads me to think it's the system... or CX itself changing the redemption availability.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.