Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Bug in salad in J//Scotch Tape to Seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2013, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: EX DL DM. Free Agent Flier. Virtuoso TA & Every single hotel affiliation out there.

Pretty loyal CX flyer... just recently relocated to the states and was thinking about switching over to AA. I'm going to hope that putting my AA ff# on vs MarcoPolo Gold wouldn't have made any difference -- but who knows?

I've tried giving CX time to respond to my email about my latest flight in J but 2 weeks later, still no response. Maybe this will get their attention a little bit?

J flight, JFK - HKG... very rude flight staff. I felt like asking for anything was a burden. Then in the middle of my meal service, I found this:

They offered me another salad and said they were sorry.

Then on landing, my tray couldn't be put away. So I got this:

Last edited by sarahlee; Aug 23, 2013 at 11:18 am Reason: Thank you Irishguy28 for teaching me how to put the pics on
Old Aug 23, 2013, 4:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: EX DL DM. Free Agent Flier. Virtuoso TA & Every single hotel affiliation out there.
Deleted

Last edited by sarahlee; Aug 23, 2013 at 11:19 am Reason: Put the pictures in the original post
Old Aug 23, 2013, 4:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sarahlee
Pretty loyal CX flyer... just recently relocated to the states and was thinking about switching over to AA. I'm going to hope that putting my AA ff# on vs MarcoPolo Gold wouldn't have made any difference -- but who knows?

I've tried giving CX time to respond to my email about my latest flight in J but 2 weeks later, still no response. Maybe this will get their attention a little bit?

J flight, JFK - HKG... very rude flight staff. I felt like asking for anything was a burden. Then in the middle of my meal service, I found this:

They offered me another salad and said they were sorry.

Then on landing, my tray couldn't be put away. So I got this:

So what do you want?
Old Aug 23, 2013, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by correctioncx
So what do you want?
What if it was just a general heads up or experience sharing? I'm sure there would be people who would be interested rather than uninterested to see the pics once they saw the thread title.

Anyways OP, did you have to usethe cocktail table to eat since the tape suggests that the tray table can't be extended?
Old Aug 23, 2013, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Sorry guys.. I tried reading and following the directions on how to post pics...
Guess I failed!
You need to provide a link to the image - not just to a gallery page (ie, the URL should end with .jpg or .bmp or any other image file extension).

Also, you mangled the URLs! There should only ever be one "http://" in a URL.

(Hit "quote" on this message, while you are logged in, to see what I typed in order to have the images displayed)
Old Aug 23, 2013, 7:23 am

Presumably the flight was full so you had to sit with tray taped.

I wouldn't be happy if there was a bug in my food although I wouldn't demand anything. I don't think you were/are. On the other hand, if I were CX, I would certainly doing something and the Purser should have been notified right away when bug was found. One would expert the Manager at a restaurant to be notified if this were to happen. As a matter of courtesy and good business policy, the Purser/restaurant Manager would pro-actively come over, apologize and make sure the rest of the journey/meal goes smoothly. He/she should also have written it up on the record/report. It would also be a good idea, from CX's point of view, to offer something like Duty Free vouchers on the spot.

Last edited by IncyWincy; Aug 23, 2013 at 7:52 am
Old Aug 23, 2013, 9:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GE90-115B
What if it was just a general heads up or experience sharing? I'm sure there would be people who would be interested rather than uninterested to see the pics once they saw the thread title.

Anyways OP, did you have to usethe cocktail table to eat since the tape suggests that the tray table can't be extended?
Yes so he wants to highlight to mgmt the problem?
Old Aug 23, 2013, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Absolutely.

I would've expected CX to contact me... Or at the very least respond to my email to the macro polo club. Am wondering if the flight was logged as an AA member, if they are less proactive.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:52 am

Programs: FT
Absolutely.

I would've expected CX to contact me... Or at the very least respond to my email to the macro polo club. Am wondering if the flight was logged as an AA member, if they are less proactive.
odd they did not extend this pretty simple courtesy to give them a chance to explain. it is a pretty big bug...ugly bugger too..
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mkjr
odd they did not extend this pretty simple courtesy to give them a chance to explain. it is a pretty big bug...ugly bugger too..
Yes, I gave them quite a bit of time to get back to me before making this incident public. My original email to them did even say that I understand this is most likely the caterer's fault... However I'd like them to know so they can address it.

By making this public, I wanted the flyertalk community to know/discuss CX's (lack of) customer service of not even replying/addressing the issues... more so than the issue itself. We all know things can go wrong from time to time given how much we fly. What I never knew until this flight was how poorly CX can handle something. I've never had bad customer service from them (but I have had flight issues) when I represented myself as a CX gold... Very curious if it is because I put in my AA ff# instead this past flight.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 1:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Wow that's horrible, compounded by poor service and lack of follow up.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:51 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
That is really disgusting
Old Aug 27, 2013, 1:38 am

I was once traveling with water dripping from on top, and what they did is got a piece of paper and also used scotch tape to cover it. Another time, there was a sharp metal sticking out under my feet, again, papers and scotch tape are the solutions. Both flights are full so they couldn't move me.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
I was once traveling with water dripping from on top, and what they did is got a piece of paper and also used scotch tape to cover it. Another time, there was a sharp metal sticking out under my feet, again, papers and scotch tape are the solutions. Both flights are full so they couldn't move me.
Water dripping on me has become quite the norm (!) especially in set 2A in F (747)which I happened to be in quite a few times this year. Sometimes there were small pieces of ice too. As a stop-gap sometimes CX taped napkins on the vent. That was fine. A bug in the food is terrible and not responding is worse.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 7:54 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by IncyWincy
Water dripping on me has become quite the norm (!) especially in set 2A in F (747)which I happened to be in quite a few times this year.
Ditto. The rain shower has been happening on the 747s for a number of years now. I have had it happen multiple times in F and in the downstairs J section. Once I was flying in the very last seat in J downstairs, and upon take-off (literally when the wheels went up, and the plane turned from being horizontal to having a sharp incline) I think all the water from the front came to the rear, where came out from up above my seat and soaked the front of my shirt and computer. Fortunately the computer still worked afterwards.

The drips are pretty common everywhere on the 747, including upstairs. I've also occasionally gotten them on the A340s. However, the time I'm referring to above on the 747 I estimate somewhere around 12 or more fluid ounces came out at once.

It seems to do this the most when it is very hot and humid outside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.