Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

[Advise Needed] Re-Booking issue due to typhoon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2013, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ Krisflyer Gold / Hilton Hhonour Diamond / Starwood SPG Gold / CX Former Gold, now Green

Hi all,

I am booked M-Class ticket on 14Aug Wednesday CX419 from Seoul Incheon to Hong Kong, departs 8:05pm. I got an SMS from CX notifying this flight got cancelled. Called Marco Polo for alternative flight option. I was told that they had put me on an earlier flight departing 3:15pm.

Thank you CX for reserving same day flight for me, However, I am still having important business meting that time, so I don't think there is possibility to take that flight. So, I asked the Marco Polo lady if there is other options. I told her that I am happy to fly on next day15Aug Thursday anytime, from morning to night. Then she told me that the whole day 15Aug all flights are full for both business & economy. I felt strange because just 2 days ago, I checked the flights on 15Aug and they were quite widely open for both J & Y... The Marco Polo lady said if I don't catch 14Aug 3:15pm flight, I will have to fly on 16Aug Friday instead (2 days later, which is too late then)...

Is there possibility that CX is just blocking those seats on 15Aug flights and to be release later? And, I thought that even the airlines' is full , they can transfer passenger to other airlines that have space in this kind of typhoon situation? (For my case, it will be Korean Air... And I checked their flight availability, it seems not full ...) I see from "Manage Booking" in my MPC webpage, they already "confirm" me on 3:15pm flight, without I really agree to take that flight. If I don't show up at airport for 3:15pm flight, what can happen?? Cancel my ticket??

Sorry, but I didn't have experience flying on a typhoon date (luckily), so I am not sure what I can request to CX or what I should accept in this case.

Thanks for your advise!

CX100silver
Old Aug 13, 2013, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
At this point, the probability of your 3:15 flight leaving ICN at all is rather low. The T8 signal will be raised sometime in the next 10 minutes, and judging by Utor's track, it will be up all day tomorrow...
Old Aug 13, 2013, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Pickles
At this point, the probability of your 3:15 flight leaving ICN at all is rather low. The T8 signal will be raised sometime in the next 10 minutes, and judging by Utor's track, it will be up all day tomorrow...
I think select flights will be allowed to take off if there's a window of opportunity. Many residents have told me about tales of taking off at T8 signal (including my wife, and at the old airport!)
Old Aug 14, 2013, 12:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
The airport has been commercially operational since 1998, replacing the former Kai Tak Airport and regulations on kamakaze flying have changed somewhat since then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.