Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DM event - JW Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2013, 2:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
DM event - JW Marriott

Just received this email - actually I made a comment to my friend over the weekend that I haven't been invited to any DM events yet since becoming DM in December.

As part of Dragonair's dedication to offering you the best possible inflight dining experience, the airline has partnered with Man Ho Chinese Restaurant at JW Marriott to bring our passengers a variety of health-inspired dishes from Chef Ip Kwok-fai.

We would like to invite you to an exclusive dinner featuring Chef Ip's creations, which are based on the principle of using five primary colours for optimum taste and nutrition. You'll have the opportunity to hear Chef Ip speak briefly on each of his dishes and their provenance, as well as enjoy a range of wines from Dragonair's inflight cellar, including Château Haut-Brisson Saint Émilion Grand Cru 2009 which is available on board from this month onwards.

Anybody attending? I'm still thinking whether or not to go. Date: Mid-July.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 6:47 am

Programs: CX MPC Gold
DM event - JW Marriott

Well - and I don't want to sound like a total t##t - but I wouldn't go for the wine.

Enjoy. Hope it's good.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 2:19 am

Programs: BR Diamond, ROP Gold, CX Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Psychiatrist
Just received this email - actually I made a comment to my friend over the weekend that I haven't been invited to any DM events yet since becoming DM in December.

As part of Dragonair's dedication to offering you the best possible inflight dining experience, the airline has partnered with Man Ho Chinese Restaurant at JW Marriott to bring our passengers a variety of health-inspired dishes from Chef Ip Kwok-fai.

We would like to invite you to an exclusive dinner featuring Chef Ip's creations, which are based on the principle of using five primary colours for optimum taste and nutrition. You'll have the opportunity to hear Chef Ip speak briefly on each of his dishes and their provenance, as well as enjoy a range of wines from Dragonair's inflight cellar, including Château Haut-Brisson Saint Émilion Grand Cru 2009 which is available on board from this month onwards.

Anybody attending? I'm still thinking whether or not to go. Date: Mid-July.

Didn't receive this one, but am invited to another dinner organised by CX for the new "Best Chinese Food in the Air" at T'ang Court at the Langham Hotel on 23/24 July.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 2:19 am
Suspended

Received another event today
Old Jul 4, 2013, 6:34 pm

Programs: CX DM, Marriott Plat, SPG lifetime, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Chairman's Club
TW events seem to be far weaker recently. Been invited several times the past few months to the GM's house for drinks and light meal. Been to one last year already so always politely declined.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 6:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
my experience of these events in Hong Kong , Taiwan and China are frankly a total waste of time, they have a budget and they will spend it and when you go home thy will right reprots the share holders want to read
Old Jul 4, 2013, 6:39 pm
Suspended

I love these events. Generally good food and get to meet some interesting people and at least some mgmt make a token effort to show up and chat
Old Jul 5, 2013, 6:15 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG PLAT
attend TW events several times, afterwards some members and CX staff become good friends
Old Jul 19, 2013, 12:16 am

Programs: CX GO
Is anyone going to the T'ang Court one? My first time to such event, and it would be good to put a face to the name of FT'ers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.