Search

Flying CX J to CMB

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2013, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Flying CX J to CMB

Greetings, CX flyers. I have a few questions about my upcoming SIN CMB flight in CX regional J.

1. What's the probability that my flight will be fitted with the new regional J product? Any way to know?
2. To those of you who have been in Colombo recently, is the Full Moon Garden Hotel the closest hotel to CMB airport and would you recommend it?

Thanks in advance!
Old May 26, 2013, 8:21 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
1. Next to none- consistently a regional 777-300
2. No clue, but there's a bunch of decent hotels in Negombo (Jetwings). There's a Taj property near the airport- though i've never tried it.
Old May 26, 2013, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jagmeets
1. Next to none- consistently a regional 777-300
2. No clue, but there's a bunch of decent hotels in Negombo (Jetwings). There's a Taj property near the airport- though i've never tried it.
Well according to CX, "The new seat will be installed on all of Cathay’s regional Boeing 777-200 and 777-300 aircraft from January, 2013, while the Airbus A330-300 will have the seat fitted at the tail end of 2013."
Old May 26, 2013, 10:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
1. 100% chance of the old regional product..suppose this will be the last route to see the new J.
2. Having driven past it a few times, it does look pretty run down. Details and more reviews here,my stay at the Taj was so-so nothing much to do even for a few hours- rather stay in town.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._Province.html
Old May 26, 2013, 10:25 pm
Suspended

I wouldn't say 100% chance of the old regional product.....but your chance are quite slim. I wouldn't even expect the new product on your flight unless you're flying few months down the road.

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/cx711/
http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...%28CX%29_Fleet

Aircraft's used are mainly B-HNE, HNI, HNH, HNA, HLT, etc they all consist of CX's old regional seats. But there was two rare occasion, where B-LAF and B-KPU was swapped in. Both these aircraft carry the long-haul new J product...

Edit: B-HNJ on May 1&4 and B-HNP on May 8th also carry the new regional J.
Old May 27, 2013, 7:55 am

We did this route a couple of weeks back, and scored new regional J both ways. Outbound on a Friday, and inbound on a Sunday.
Old May 27, 2013, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
I wouldn't say 100% chance of the old regional product.....but your chance are quite slim. I wouldn't even expect the new product on your flight unless you're flying few months down the road.

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/cx711/
http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...%28CX%29_Fleet

Aircraft's used are mainly B-HNE, HNI, HNH, HNA, HLT, etc they all consist of CX's old regional seats. But there was two rare occasion, where B-LAF and B-KPU was swapped in. Both these aircraft carry the long-haul new J product...

Edit: B-HNJ on May 1&4 and B-HNP on May 8th also carry the new regional J.
I'm flying in mid August.
Old May 27, 2013, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ashkale
1. 100% chance of the old regional product..suppose this will be the last route to see the new J.
2. Having driven past it a few times, it does look pretty run down. Details and more reviews here,my stay at the Taj was so-so nothing much to do even for a few hours- rather stay in town.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._Province.html
I love the TAJ Airport Gateway Hotel (especially now that it has been renovated and the rooms are beautiful with great showers), but my CX flight arrives at 10:40 p.m. and my 9W flight departs at 6:00 a.m. I don't want to spend that much for a hotel stay of about 5 hours and I will have luggage with me; thus, I'm unable to use the CMB Transit Hotel.
Old May 27, 2013, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shuttle-Bored
We did this route a couple of weeks back, and scored new regional J both ways. Outbound on a Friday, and inbound on a Sunday.
Thanks for letting me know! Fingers crossed!!
Old May 27, 2013, 4:38 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
CX should be able to check your bags through to 9W, I'd think..so the transit hotel should be manageable..
Old May 27, 2013, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jagmeets
CX should be able to check your bags through to 9W, I'd think..so the transit hotel should be manageable..
Not sure what to do...

My itinerary to CMB is as follows:

NAN - SYD on FJ J
SYD - SIN on QF J (no F on this 744, alas)
SIN - CMB on CX J

Some of my colleagues have had their bags stolen at CMB when they attempted a similar overnight transfer so not sure I want to risk it, especially when my luggage will be given priority tags and thus will stick out more.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Assume by now all the aircraft serving CMB have been upgraded with the new J seats. Is this correct? Flying in September via BKK in both directions. And assume still no amenity kits on the red eye back to HKG.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Assume by now all the aircraft serving CMB have been upgraded with the new J seats. Is this correct? Flying in September via BKK in both directions. And assume still no amenity kits on the red eye back to HKG.
There is no 'old' regional J anymore. All aircraft have been upgraded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.