Cathy Pacific Lounge at ICN

Old May 8, 2013, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
Cathy Pacific Lounge at ICN

Is it really true that the Cathy Pacific lounge at Seoul Incheon is only open in blocks of time? The website says:

Lounge
Cathay Pacific First and Business Class Lounge
Concourse A Departure Floor, 4/F (Upper Boarding Gate 118, 3/F)

Opening Hours
Daily: 0630 - 1000; 1215 - 1520; 1700 - 2000
So it is closed 1000-1215 and 1520-1700? I'm on CX 411 (ICN-HKG) departing at 1515, so I am OK on that flight next month, but would like o/w Emerald access for an AA flight next week - outside the operating hours. Do they kick you out in the intervals?
Old May 9, 2013, 12:25 am

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
No direct experience on access outside of CX's flight times. But it may be a moot point for you anyway. I see that for its inaugural departure tomorrow, the AA flight to DFW will leave from a gate in the main terminal. If that's a permanent feature, the CX lounge on the concourse is a no-go. You can get out there on the tram, but no way for a departing pax to get back to the main terminal.

Frankly you're not missing much. While it's not something to complain about, it's also not the nicest lounge in the CX system by any stretch of the imagination. In the worst case, if AA hasn't made provision for status pax at a contract lounge ICN is still a much nicer airport than most in the U.S. for killing time in the main terminal area.
Old May 9, 2013, 12:27 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Correct, the lounge is open only for CX flight times. You are asked to leave if staying after that time. SQ does the same thing, for example ... pretty common for lower volume out-stations. Very inconvenient if you aren't flying CX
Old May 9, 2013, 10:25 am

Programs: BA- GGL, Hyatt-GLB, Marriott- AMB
Correct. I was there 1645 from a transit flight. The receptionist inside ignored me. I had to come back at 1700, the actual, opening time.
Old May 9, 2013, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
To all: Thanks!

Yes, I see on FlightAware that the first flight today goes out of Gate 43 in the Main Terminal; if this continues next week, the only option is what aa.com says: the lounge for AA 26 being the Asiana one in the Concourse, also unreachable from the Main Terminal (actually, as you know, "reachable" but no return is possible). I wonder if the other Asiana lounge (the one in the terminal) would also be available in that case? AA can't answer this; I asked.
Old May 10, 2013, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Update: AA 26 is going out of Gate 101 today at ICN, so the Cathy Pacific Lounge becomes a possiblity (other than the closed periods). Maybe Gate 43 yesterday was some kind of event (airport officials, etc. for the first flight).
Old May 12, 2013, 3:45 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Silver), Bonvoy Titanium
Try that spicy noodle salad, my favorite. Otherwise, do not expect much in terms of food/beverage out of that lounge. Nothing special, but who has the recipe for that noodle salad??
Old May 15, 2013, 12:00 am
Original Poster

OK. The CX lounge can be used, but they kick you out at 1520. Went then to the OZ lounge next door (was gladly given a card to get in - without asking - to the First Class lounge. Don't miss the CX one that much, but will try again for a CX flight to HKG in two weeks - with the wife.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.