CX722 28 March a little tale

Old May 6, 2013, 5:19 am

Programs: SQ PPS, OZ Gold, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Engineering Travel
Totaly agree 500Rmb, lol, Thats why I refused it, as far as i could see every one else took the money.

As a foot note to the offer from CX, my dear wife and daughter have just traved on an award booking in first today/yesterday.
LHR-HKG-PVG.
HKG-PVG they were downgraded to Buisness, due to change of metal and given 400HKD cash each. Flight was delayed 2 hours KA834, approx, not sure.

It was the same price in avios for First, Buisnes, and taxes for both classes, so CX paid them x amount to fly with them.

My angry letter is formulating now!
500Rmb for 17 hours lost time sat on plane in CAN.
400HKD for a mere downgrade.

Not sure what to think about CX/KA now, certianly loosing my choice as preferd carrier in Asia.
After chains of e-mails and follow up with CX Customer Relations Department, they propose a 10,000 Asia miles as the goodwill gesture for this 19 hours 'imprisonment' on flight experience... this is a joke... but I'm losing energy to deal with them on this.....
Old May 6, 2013, 8:08 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by cy1978hk
After chains of e-mails and follow up with CX Customer Relations Department, they propose a 10,000 Asia miles as the goodwill gesture for this 19 hours 'imprisonment' on flight experience... this is a joke... but I'm losing energy to deal with them on this.....
May be that is part of their negotiation tactic. Drag it as long as possible, make you tired and accept anything.

BTW, I think 10K can't even redeem HKG-TPE flight right
Old May 6, 2013, 8:24 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
How can you force them to give more? Obviously they don't feel like they need to (I'm starting to learn how difficult it is to force a HK company to do anything it doesn't want to as a consumer). I don't see any cause of action against Cathay either through the CAD, Consumer Council or in court.

The only possible way you can get more compensation is to go on Apple Daily.
Old May 6, 2013, 10:35 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by lingua101
May be that is part of their negotiation tactic. Drag it as long as possible, make you tired and accept anything.

BTW, I think 10K can't even redeem HKG-TPE flight right
Got 7.5K miles "goodwill" gesture, when I got delayed last January was supposed to take the last flight to Manila but had a mechanical problem, by the time they got it fixed MNL is closed for the night, no hotel and no food were offered, I was forced out of the F lounge in The Pier, asked to move to The Wing...walked all the way back to the Wing, no food or anything. Staff were vacuuming while I was there.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 12:37 am

Just rereading this post in light of some air safety comments on cx

Actually if this occurred now what are the chances PRC border control at can will let eligible passengers off as TWOV? Provided cx supplied a different number for the flight back to hkg?
Old Mar 18, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: SQ PPS, OZ Gold, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by percysmith
Just rereading this post in light of some air safety comments on cx

Actually if this occurred now what are the chances PRC border control at can will let eligible passengers off as TWOV? Provided cx supplied a different number for the flight back to hkg?
Not quite sure what you mean.....
OMG.. this post recalled my miserable experience... I was on this flight a year ago... ;(
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:04 am

Not quite sure what you mean.....
OMG.. this post recalled my miserable experience... I was on this flight a year ago... ;(
Sorry to hear

My theory is, if this incident happened today, is it possible for PRC border control to use the CAN 72hr Transit Without Visa provisions to let eligible passport holders in?
Old Mar 20, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
After the ordeal, hats off the OP for acknowledging the positive as far as CC was concerned. I agree though that in the event of irrops CX cabin crew really go above and beyond usually to take care of their passengers.

I was stuck on a simple ATC delay at PVG (the normal, sit for one hour after the door is closed drill) and CX ISM turned on the IFE, took this time to meet and greet every J passenger (not just DM's OWE's). Snacks and beverages did multiple rounds in J and I know they did two beverage rounds in Y as well (I saw this when I got up to stretch my legs).

I contrast on a 3 hour ground delay at JFK on BA, I had to plead with the CSD to turn on the IFE till we were cleared for take off as I was getting bored out of my wits. He initially refused, but after the call bells across cabins started going off like chimes on a windy day, he decided it would make his and other CC's life easier and made an announcement, that as a special case they would be turning on the IFE but would have to turn it off before take off (This is pre gate-to-gate IFE that is now available on BA).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.