Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Pacific Insight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by fakecd
whats the point of participating on these when thoughts expressed were blatantly ignored by cx? example need good food and they "enhanced" to those rubbish J meals.

i used to do a lot of feedback but now i realised they just do it for PR stunt and not incorporating any feedback so i stopped them.
Well, they do listen pretty well, though they will follow the majority vote (and make mistakes, of course).

- Many people complain about "always the same food in the lounge", so CX varied the menu (you can't have everything on the menu). With the result another complain stream, because somebody's favorite disappeared. Well, there is probably a rotating menu, but CX forgot to communicate that.

- "The food does not taste well". Easy, add artificial flavors and you get more taste. Forgetting that higher class travelers often tend to have a more higher non-artificial flavor taste. Or so to say, what the majority of the general public considers a nice taste, would be disgusted by people not used to artificially flavored junk-food.

- When there is a favor of 2:1 in the ratio between an upgraded diner experience vs. mattress pads, the diner experience gets the attention (independent whether implemented wrong or not).

- And an ongoing list of complains.......
marcommm likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
I stopped filling in the most recent online survey on the second question, basically because CX knows so little about its customer base that it didn't even include my situation (and probably that of thousands of other CXMP members) on the dropdown menu:

"Which of the following descriptions best describe your resident status?

- I was born here and have lived here most of my life
- I was not born here but have lived here most of my life
- I am a foreigner and will only be living here for a period (e.g. working holiday, studying or working abroad)"

So basically if anyone wasn't born in Hong Kong and hasn't lived here a majority of his or her life, but has nevertheless lived here for a long time and is a permanent resident - or indeed have retired in Hong Kong - CX doesn't think that you're in one of their customer segments.
brunos and feh like this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by Too much travel
I stopped filling in the most recent online survey on the second question, basically because CX knows so little about its customer base that it didn't even include my situation (and probably that of thousands of other CXMP members) on the dropdown menu:

- I am a foreigner and will only be living here for a period (e.g. working holiday, studying or working abroad)"

So basically if anyone wasn't born in Hong Kong and hasn't lived here a majority of his or her life, but has nevertheless lived here for a long time and is a permanent resident - or indeed have retired in Hong Kong - CX doesn't think that you're in one of their customer segments.
Yeah, I hit that to, though on the other side, I am realistic, that designing a questionnaire completely targeted to the individual in a pretty diverse population is a nightmare. Let alone, interpret the results. And to be realistic, they probably don't need that level of accuracy anyway.

There were more of these questions, that could have provided a pre-filled or longer list of options (some of the questions did have a huge list of options, for example, your profession and business type, where they did omit all those who buy privately).
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:18 pm

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Too much travel

LOL - i had the same response when i saw that question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.