Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Amex Membership Rewards to Asia Miles Transfer Time

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Membership Rewards to Asia Miles Transfer Time

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
How can one tell if one's names are transposed? And does the title matter (Mr. Mrs. Dr. etc)?

I transferred a total of 100k points over from Citi TY, 200k from one AX MR account, and now need to transfer another 100k over from a second MR account. Tix on hold only for 3 days. And after the AX transfer, it said this: "We are processing your points transfer to Asia MilesTM. For Asia Miles, transfers normally occur within 3-7 days, but please allow up to 90 days."

That freaked me out. It seems rather pointless to have a transfer partner if you have to do it without knowing if you'll be able to use the points when they hit. Or even to know when they will hit.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 6:27 am

Still waiting for my Transfer from MR to Asia Miles - Been 5 days - I see comments saying that calling in helped - Who did you call???

Also - Is it possible for Asia Miles to put BA awards on hold while the transfer is pending?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jeremybe
Still waiting for my Transfer from MR to Asia Miles - Been 5 days - I see comments saying that calling in helped - Who did you call???

Also - Is it possible for Asia Miles to put BA awards on hold while the transfer is pending?
I had the impression that Amex wasn't going to look into it until after the initial 3-7 day window passed. So you will probably need to wait another two days.

As far as I know, they can only hold their own CX flight awards. My first CSR said they don't hold at all. The second did place my CX flights on hold. Regardless, I don't think they can hold non CX flights.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:57 am

Thank! Did your miles ever wind up posting?? Just curious what I'm in for...

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I had the impression that Amex wasn't going to look into it until after the initial 3-7 day window passed. So you will probably need to wait another two days.

As far as I know, they can only hold their own CX flight awards. My first CSR said they don't hold at all. The second did place my CX flights on hold. Regardless, I don't think they can hold non CX flights.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by jeremybe
Thank! Did your miles ever wind up posting?? Just curious what I'm in for...
Yes. See this post: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28679029-post25.html
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
22 hours and counting, will keep you updated
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Transferred 80000 points from my Amex UK account 2 Jan at midnight. Arrived on 5 Jan midday.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA MM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Plat, Hilton Diamond
Transferred 135,000 miles Thursday around 11 am HK time. Miles were in the account by Friday late afternoon around 30 hours later. Am considering myself lucky.

I had set up my Asia Miles account last year but hadn't done anything with it. So you could say this was a new AM account even.
Old May 7, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP 75K, HI DIA
Has anyone experienced any issues with a middle name being present on your AM account, but not on your Amex account? For example, the AM account is registered to SMITH/JOHN CHARLES but the Amex account is only SMITH/JOHN. Not a transposition of names...just an extra middle name on one side. Any experiences or problems?
Old Aug 14, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Just Some info to help other UK members since the replies on here helped me.

Firstly I had the same issue as many others the first time I made a transfer a few months ago (names transposed on asiamiles account). First transfer failed but then went through after I had the names reversed.

My first transfer went through in less than 24hrs and posted at about 11am GMT.

This time I madea transfer on Saturday at about 15:00GMT. I was worried since it didn’t post on Monday and I needed a flight (BKK-LHR) on Tuesday. Didn’t post all day today but based on the replies here suggesting they usually arrive around 11am-12pm GMT I took a risk and went to the airport and kept refreshing. Miles posted at 17:40 (11:40GMT) 1hr10 before the last flight to HKG. Booked straight away on the app and went straight to check in. Now in the lounge waiting for my flight to LGW.

So for UK members I would say 1 working day is the norm and posts around 11am-12pm.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:20 pm

Programs: AF, UA, BA/IB, VS, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Data point -

MR USA - submitted transfer 11pm EST on 12/23 and was available midday 12/24.

i'm guessing midnight eastern is the cutoff for AMEX to transfer that day, then the following midnight HK time for Cathay systems to update.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Any recent data points? I transferred my points about 36 hours ago, they haven’t hit my account yet.
I tried to transfer points once before, but that failed because first and last name were reversed in my Asia Miles profile. That should have been fixed (at least it looks correct now), but I’m still a bit worried...
Old Oct 31, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Spoke to Amex now - my transfer was rejected, again. They quoted “general system issues” on the CX side as the reason and they had no estimate when it would be fixed. Not sure if that’s really the reason or if they just made something up.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 6:43 pm

Submitted a new points transfer and it went through within MINUTES! No changes on my account or anything. Very strange, but I'm happy.
percysmith likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 10:42 pm

Programs: CX MPC DM
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Submitted a new points transfer and it went through within MINUTES! No changes on my account or anything. Very strange, but I'm happy.
Yea, there was a change earlier this year. Now AMEX points transfers are nearly immediate, except when there are system issues like you encountered.
ChocolateFactory likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.