Ok had time to experience the lounge the other day note the following

The haven

Menu not proactively offered got a feeling they don't want people to orde

The menu was
A steak dish
A pan fried salmon
Mushroom risotto
Chinese pun choi

You are limited to order 1 only. A bit annoying as I wanted to try 2 items but I under why they need to cap this as some people will abuse the system

The buffet has been upgraded in quality
More cold appetisers
The dim sum now offers more premium items such as har gow and a vegetarian mushroom dumpling and enhanced siu mai

Dessert was similar with a Chinese dessert as well

Cravery was Chinese style

Salad much fresher and better quality

Overall not bad

Annoying thing is they added a new attendant inside the toilet!
Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:21 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
Can't wait to try it out his afternoon (I'll get there around 3pm and stay till my flight at midnight). Hope I can try out the Cabanas as well.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Psychiatrist
Can't wait to try it out his afternoon (I'll get there around 3pm and stay till my flight at midnight). Hope I can try out the Cabanas as well.
Hope u enjoy it
Old Feb 9, 2013, 1:59 am

Programs: CX Diamond, BA Gold, *A Silver, Accor Diamond
I was there yesterday on the way to Thailand. My overall view was "is this it?". After all the time that it was closed and being refurbished, it's a perfectly nice lounge but not as much of a difference from the previous incarnation as I was expecting. While it wasn't going to be the Virgin Clubhouse at Heathrow, I had thought they might get close to the Qantas first class lounge in Sydney - but I'm afraid I don't think they have. It's quieter than the business class lounge next door, I like the bar that you can sit at and order a drink without waiting for the attendant to come around, there's a champagne bar as you walk in which is nice, although I agree that the attendant in the bathroom is a little much! The Haven is perfectly nice and seems larger than the old version but I also agree that there was no promotion of the a la carte option. The buffet was fine, albeit nothing special in my view. I did notice at the new bar though that you could order different things - such as fish and chips - so that's definitely a positive.
Screens are hard to find and see, you have to get up to look at them - at least I couldn't see any of them from where I was sitting, meaning you have to work to keep an eye on them for your flight details.
They had also completely run out of FTs - fortunately the business class section had plenty.

It's nice as a first class lounge in terms of the environment but not ground-breaking given all the time and effort that seems to have been put into it.

It was also extremely crowded - admittedly this was a Friday before Chinese New Year and in any event lots of people will have wanted to check it out, but still it was only the afternoon rather than an evening when the lounge typically gets busier. There was a queue of at least 10 people waiting for the Haven when I left to go and sit in the business class lounge next door because it was much emptier (the old "first class" area of the business class lounge can be accessed next to the entrance to the Haven). In fact this area was subsequently turned into an overflow first class lounge area with the old signage being put up at the entrance to this section at the top of the stairs, which may be the way it goes in the longer-term if they make it a permanent part of the first class lounge because the latter just stays very busy. There does seem to be an insatiable demand for Cathay's lounges in Hong Kong, so it's nice to hear that the Bridge is coming!
Old Feb 9, 2013, 2:28 am

Programs: CX Diamond / SQ Gold / Bonvoy Platinum / Hyatt Globalist / Hilton Gold
It's not that much of a surprise. It's not outstanding .... but not that different to the pre-renovation version.

Was in a cabana for an hour or so - the bathtub was great. No waiting - they had three empty ones when I got there at 15:00. The shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and hand soap was un-branded. The face cleanser, face cream and body cream were by Murad.

The Haven isn't all that much better than the F section of the Pier. Told that it would take 20 min for the a la carte to be available. Again, they were not handing out the menus unless you asked. Also, you had to ask for the noodles (not mentioned in the menu either).

Not sure about the alcoholic selections as I don't drink at all. I've got another 7 hours here before my flight - will report back again if I uncover more interesting things.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 3:57 am

Chinese pun choi is on the menu? I wonder what they put in it.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 5:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flyer888
Chinese pun choi is on the menu? I wonder what they put in it.
Chinese scallops
Chinese sausages
Chicken
Shiitake mushroom
Veg
Roast pork
Tofu
Raddish
Old Feb 9, 2013, 5:31 am

Programs: BR Diamond, ROP Gold, CX Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Let me post some pictures here ...

I had the chance to visit the new F lounge @ the Wing the day after its official opening … on the way to KL for CNY … I think the place is nicely done up, with luxurious furniture and classy settings … however as a flagship lounge I can’t say I am wow-ed by the place the way QF F lounge in Sydney has managed … in particular I feel the a la carte menu can be expanded … given time, I hope CX can continuously fine-tune and expand the service offerings at the new F lounge … will let the pictures do the talking

Immediately after passing the reception (which is now just a small counter at the entrance), the guest will be greeted by this elegant Champagne bar … I really like the homey feeling of this place

According to the lounge manager, CX will introduce and rotate more types of champagne

Next up is the magazines/ newspapers area … four CX signature Solus chairs are located here. I would imagine there will be no peace seating at this area due to the constant traffic … As for the Solus Chair here, the colour of the leather (dark red) and the back panel (glossy black) are exclusive to this F lounge

A big seating area is next … with leather sofa and Solus chairs … there is a Haven Bar located at the edge of this area, serving all sorts of cocktails, alcohols and drinks

View from the back

The lounge has a great and very expansive view of Gates 1 to 4 area and the actions in the taxiway/ runway … one can routinely see airplanes taking off from the lounge if the adjacent runway is used (which in my experience is very often)

There is a small working area (there may be others but I didn’t venture around too much due to limited time)

The place in the lounge most visitors will be looking forward to is no doubt, the sit down restaurant which is named the Haven … compared to the pre-renovated Haven, the new restaurant has vastly more seats, a more classier feel (but still somehow feel a bit like an up-scale canteen) … the Haven has a buffet area, but a la carte service is also available … however you have to ask for the a la carte menu … it seems the service is not actively promoted …

View to the buffet area

View from the buffet area

Old Feb 9, 2013, 5:32 am

Programs: BR Diamond, ROP Gold, CX Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Buffet area

A la carte menu today … with wine pairing … but the offering is quite poor IMO

My plate

From the a la carte menu, I ordered the “Chinese country pot”, which is a traditional delicacy for Chinese New Year in Hong Kong ..

Didn't have the chance to try the Cabana .. next time ...

Thanks for viewing … and Happy Chinese New Year … have a healthy, happy and prosperous Year of Snake … Gong Hei Fatt Choi !!
Old Feb 9, 2013, 6:18 am

Just had a mushroom risotto (as stated in the menu above). It was very well made and restaurant quality. The roast beef wasn't bad either. Lots of seafood - stir fried scallops, king prawn salad ...

The buffet was quite devoid of carbs (apart from the desserts). You can order steamed rice from the staff or ask them to get you a bowl of noodles.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 7:43 am

Programs: AAdvantage Plat, PreCheck
Firefly, Thank very much for these pictures. The size and wide angle give a very good idea of what being in the lounge must be like.
Old Feb 9, 2013, 10:03 am

Programs: AA LTPLT UA1P Hilton Dia Marriott Plat
Now that the lounge is open, did CX open a fast track immigration for F pax?

Sure would be nice like SQ or TG.

Thanks
Old Feb 9, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Thanks for the pics! ^

Just curious...were you able to see what the selections were at the champagne bar? I thought I saw a rose looking at the one pic...
Old Feb 9, 2013, 1:07 pm
Suspended

Thanks for the pics flyerfly! Especially some of the closer shots of food offered.

How did the "Country Pot" taste to you?
Looks like something that could be had from Cafe De Coral for ~HKD50-60.

Would be interested to see pictures of other la carte offerings if anyone is visiting the Wing soon
Old Feb 9, 2013, 6:47 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
just wanted to say thanks for posting all those pics.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.