Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Maximizing Nonflight Asia Miles in USA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2012, 7:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX, Delta, Hyatt, SPG, AMEX

Can anyone recommend ways to maximize non-flight Asia Miles for USA customers? I just got an American Express Platinum and I can transfer these points to AM. Are there any other options for US-based fliers?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 9:16 am

Programs: CX MPO SL
Originally Posted by ejk0366
Can anyone recommend ways to maximize non-flight Asia Miles for USA customers? I just got an American Express Platinum and I can transfer these points to AM. Are there any other options for US-based fliers?
Several hotel reward programs (such as SPG) allow you to convert hotel points to Asia Miles. Some hotels also offer points-per-stay incentives.

HSBC's Premier World Mastercard is another credit card that allows conversion of reward points to Asia Miles. But since you already have the AMEX plat, this is irrelevant.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by ejk0366
I have had an Amex Plat for years and AM has never been one of the programs you can transfer into. Looks like that's changed -- thanks for the tip!

As Zodiac points out, SPG also allow transfers to AM. If you have an Amex SPG card, the spend accrues SPG points, which you can then transfer
1 for 1 into Asia Miles.

Last edited by Bitterroot; Oct 27, 2012 at 8:02 pm
Old Oct 29, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: CX MPO SL
Originally Posted by Bitterroot
I have had an Amex Plat for years and AM has never been one of the programs you can transfer into. Looks like that's changed -- thanks for the tip!

As Zodiac points out, SPG also allow transfers to AM. If you have an Amex SPG card, the spend accrues SPG points, which you can then transfer
1 for 1 into Asia Miles.
In addition, there's a 5000 mile bonus for every 20,000 SPG points transferred. So for each block of 20,000 points tranferred, the ratio improves to 1:1.25.

If transferring to Asia Miles is the only thing one cares about, then the AMEX SPG card is the best deal out there as far as US-based folks are concerned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.