Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

ok... what happened to CX MPO procedure....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2012, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Just called in to guaranteed a Y seat, the agent picked up right away, and then put me on hold for a good 5-6 minutes before coming back to me and said, "ok, it's done for you Mr. X"...

What happened! In the past it's one second and done!
Old Sep 4, 2012, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Just called in to guaranteed a Y seat, the agent picked up right away, and then put me on hold for a good 5-6 minutes before coming back to me and said, "ok, it's done for you Mr. X"...

What happened! In the past it's one second and done!
Did you call the English or Cantonese line?
Old Sep 4, 2012, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
English
Old Sep 4, 2012, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
English
It might be because of the new MNL call center.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 4:50 pm

Programs: CX GO by flying, ex-QF PS, AMEX Platinum, CA & KrisFlyer Nobody
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
English
Maybe because you were dealing with a newbie who didn't know how to do it.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 6:01 pm

Programs: JL Sapphire, Aegean Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonours Gold
I changed the date on a Y+ ticket, same flight, same seat, just different date. The guy at the other end took 15 min and had to have a number of breaks while he checked with his supervisor. I wonder what happens with more complaex tasks. Yes, it was the English line.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 7:19 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
There were a few times that I had to wait for two hours for seat guarantee. In each case, the agent submitted the request to the other department and told me when it would be done.

I suspect it depends on the load.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 8:47 pm

Programs: CX Diamond
You're complaining about a 5 minute wait? That's not enough time to get a latte from Starbucks
Old Sep 4, 2012, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by mdevans
You're complaining about a 5 minute wait? That's not enough time to get a latte from Starbucks
Let Cathay Boy blows off some steam. I believe he is still angry because the Chef gets away with HKD$40,000.

Beside - depending on which Starbucks you go, 5 minutes are good enough to get a latte.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 10:33 pm

Programs: NH Diamond, JL JGC Diamond, BA Gold Guest List(Gold for life), CX Diamond
Originally Posted by hau cheng
I changed the date on a Y+ ticket, same flight, same seat, just different date. The guy at the other end took 15 min and had to have a number of breaks while he checked with his supervisor. I wonder what happens with more complaex tasks. Yes, it was the English line.
But, you managed to change a flight.
In my case, an agent refused to make simple flight change of my last segment(1st segment already flawn), and said I need to call e-service centre because of reservation was made by on-line.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 11:37 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Exec Plat, AC Super Elite, DL Plat, NW Gold, CO Gold Elite, BA Gold, PR Elite,
Kawawa.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.