Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

SIN-HKG equipment lottery [Regional Equipment Swaps]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN-HKG equipment lottery [Regional Equipment Swaps]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2013, 9:20 am

after reading this thread, i have been religiously monitoring my flight which showed up on the seat map as a 333 with the long haul product.... until today.

now it's the regional 333. oh well. it was too much to hope for.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 6:38 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by stargold
Saying that "I don't think CX regional J is worth the cost" is not exactly the same as what you said earlier, which is "CX ORBC is no better than the SQ Y seat", isn't it? I wouldn't pay cash for CX regional J either, but at the same time it's ridiculous to claim that the two seats are the "same".
May be you want to enlighten me in what way CX ORBC seat is better thn SA Y seat
Old Aug 8, 2013, 8:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lingua101
May be you want to enlighten me in what way CX ORBC seat is better thn SA Y seat
SA??

Anyway u get more width and pitch in obrc and you can read a newspaper.l arm rest leg rest and foot rest. Better recline. Better wings
Better catering
Actually obrc is excellent as an armchair. Travelled in one from JFK-hKG before!

Everything is better except the iFE which I don't care as I BYO.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 9:14 am

Every other sensible poster reading the post would know that ORBC > SQ Y without needing my explanation, and accordingly I'm afraid I simply don't have the time to waste on this.

If you want to play the line that you consider ORBC to be a worse seat than SQ Y, that is your prerogative.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 9:23 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Are you serious?
Old Aug 8, 2013, 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by stargold
Every other sensible poster reading the post would know that ORBC > SQ Y without needing my explanation, and accordingly I'm afraid I simply don't have the time to waste on this.

If you want to play the line that you consider ORBC to be a worse seat than SQ Y, that is your prerogative.
Well perhaps I am stupid so I need some englightment from you.

As fast as I concern CX ORBC only win on seat width and pitch.

The IFE is not even AVOD and the remote control is on the arm rest and non removeable. TV screen is so small, even SQ economy screen has bigger and nicer resolution screen.

Not sure about the recline.

Not to mention the condition of the aircraft. I have been in the aircraft that the drinking tray was stuck and need some force to pull it out. Not to mention some crack on the remote on the arm rest. The condition is really pathetic considering this is CX which suppose to be one of the best airlines in the world.

My impression 772 is the worst among all.

My friend who is not so frequent traveller just flew on C on sin-hkg. One word from him... sucks!!
Old Aug 9, 2013, 12:36 am
Suspended

You're joking right?

Well perhaps I am stupid so I need some englightment from you.

As fast as I concern CX ORBC only win on seat width and pitch.

The IFE is not even AVOD and the remote control is on the arm rest and non removeable. TV screen is so small, even SQ economy screen has bigger and nicer resolution screen.

Not sure about the recline.
For such a relatively short flight, I rather have a decent and comfortable seat as oppose to an IFE that I won't use. After all, I didn't pay a couple thousand bucks just to watch a movie in the sky.

My friend who is not so frequent traveller just flew on C on sin-hkg. One word from him... sucks!!
Yeah, and what was this compared to? SQ's J?
Old Aug 10, 2013, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
You're joking right?

For such a relatively short flight, I rather have a decent and comfortable seat as oppose to an IFE that I won't use. After all, I didn't pay a couple thousand bucks just to watch a movie in the sky.
I disagree with your statement. But I respect your view. I guess may be difference expectation and priority.

But like I said CX ORBC is like flying in 90s, something that you do not expect to see on the airlines which suppose to be one of the best in the world.

Yeah, and what was this compared to? SQ's J?
I do not know what he is comparing to. As I mentioned as far as I know, he does not travel much and I think this is his first time every flying in C (I may be wromg). I guess it is just simple expectation as I mentioned above. to me if even in econ you have AVOD etc, you epect more while you are ling in C. The ORBC is like flying in the 90s!!!
Old Aug 10, 2013, 11:19 am
Suspended

I disagree with your statement. But I respect your view. I guess may be difference expectation and priority.

But like I said CX ORBC is like flying in 90s, something that you do not expect to see on the airlines which suppose to be one of the best in the world.

I do not know what he is comparing to. As I mentioned as far as I know, he does not travel much and I think this is his first time every flying in C (I may be wromg). I guess it is just simple expectation as I mentioned above. to me if even in econ you have AVOD etc, you epect more while you are ling in C. The ORBC is like flying in the 90s!!!
Just shut up and move on. For anyone say a J product is better than Y class is clearly in minority. What is wrong flying in the 90s?
Old Aug 10, 2013, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond

ORBC is no worse than flying domestic F on AA/DL and better than UA.
(Exception with NYC-SFO/LAX)
Old Aug 10, 2013, 3:40 pm

Programs: GE, AA PLT/2.6MM, BR Gld, Royal Carib. DM+, Celebrity Elite, NCL PLT, Princess Elite
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
ORBC is no worse than flying domestic F on AA/DL and better than UA.
(Exception with NYC-SFO/LAX)
Exactly. In fact, the service is better than domestic F on AA/DL/UA.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ak333
Exactly. In fact, the service is better than domestic F on AA/DL/UA.
Seats r better as well as it offers a leg and foot rest. Catering imps better as well.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:25 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Savage25
Ugh, just found out by accident that my CX690 next week has been downgraded from 77W F to regional 333 J. The fare difference for a one-way SIN-HKG is SGD800, but this is a revenue ticket as part of a complex itinerary that I can't reprice now. What sort of downgrade compensation should I expect?

There is another flight with F three hours later but my schedule is inflexible.
Forgot to update on the result of this. CX checkin desk sent me over to their ticketing desk, but as it was a complex ticket issued by AA, CX ticketing couldn't figure out the fare difference. They told me to contact my TA to reprice my ticket (which I haven't gotten around to doing yet). I was also told that they would mail me a one-sector upgrade certificate to my home for the inconvenience. I've been travelling the last few weeks so haven't been home to see the T&Cs on the upgrade cert yet.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I just noticed HKG-SIN has gone all business class except Fridays, Saturday and Sunday for my winter trip
Old Sep 4, 2013, 9:09 pm

Is CX cutting back frequency between HKG and SIN?

CX690 is not operating on Thu now.

Likewise CX650 is x3 and CX636 is x25

I thought they used to be all daily flight, at least for CX690

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.