Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

JFK-HKG-BKK on CX 55min layover enough?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2012, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM

Hi,

Traveling CX 831 to CX 703, layover in HKG is only 55 min. Is 55 mins enough? Thanks!!

Last edited by royevans; Aug 24, 2012 at 9:33 am
Old Aug 24, 2012, 9:46 am

yes, definitely
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Thanks. After the long flight from NYC - would be nice to use shower and lounge, but that probably won't be in the cards...
Old Aug 24, 2012, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
The Northeast US, especially the three NYC-area airports are the most delayed prone region in the world. Spring and summer are particular bad, and when there's snow. Good thing is that the worst part starts in late afternoon, after 831 departs. Still...
Old Aug 24, 2012, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
If you've booked it on a single itinerary you'll have no problem. If the JFK flight is late arriving, there will be a CX staffer at the foot of the entry ramp holding a sign with either your name or your connecting flight number on it. Personally, I've done that exact connection several times with no problem. Be aware that once in a while, if the JFK flight is very late, checked bags will miss the connection. In that case, they'll be on the next flight. When that happened to me, I just sat in the baggage claim area at BKK and waited for the next flight to arrive. TG is CX's baggage agent at BKK.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 6:46 pm

Programs: CX, le club accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by royevans
Thanks. After the long flight from NYC - would be nice to use shower and lounge, but that probably won't be in the cards...
Last time I did a 55min connection I managed to squeeze in a 5-minute shower and grab a couple cans of cream soda from the lounge. Went from gate 40-something to the Pier and back to gate 36 for my second flight.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
If you've booked it on a single itinerary you'll have no problem. .
Very helpful, thanks. Yes, we're on a single itin, flying business.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:05 pm

Do try to squeeze in a quick shower if you can after a long haul TPAC.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:05 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Exec Plat, AC Super Elite, DL Plat, NW Gold, CO Gold Elite, BA Gold, PR Elite,
Originally Posted by sl0uch
Last time I did a 55min connection I managed to squeeze in a 5-minute shower and grab a couple cans of cream soda from the lounge. Went from gate 40-something to the Pier and back to gate 36 for my second flight.
Cream Soda???????? Which lounge??? Thanks
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:26 am

Programs: CX, le club accorhotels platinum
Originally Posted by [email protected]
I usually go to The Pier, but I'm sure I've seen it at The Wing too. The Business sections.

You'll always find me with a can on transit, cause Taiwan no longer has locally made cream soda.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 1:43 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by [email protected]
yea...the fridges are frequently stocked with it. I believe the brand is "Schwepps" and it's in an aluminium can which might throw you off, the look of the can reminds me (as an American) of Ginger Ale or something else.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by QRC3288
yea...the fridges are frequently stocked with it. I believe the brand is "Schwepps" and it's in an aluminium can which might throw you off, the look of the can reminds me (as an American) of Ginger Ale or something else.
Fairly popular softdrink/pop in Hong Kong for years. Schweppes is made by Swire along with Coke. They even have a ZERO version, which I have plenty in my own fridge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.