Wiki Posts
Search

MPO Manager

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2012, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX–DM
MPO Manager

I'd like to ask if anyone here has had any dealings with the Marco Polo Club Manager. I'll be meeting her in a couple of days, for the first time since Katie left and was wondering what to make of her, as she seems to have been somewhat low profile since she took over.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 1:45 am

Programs: CX GO by flying, ex-QF PS, AMEX Platinum, CA & KrisFlyer Nobody
MPO Manager

A few of us here might have dealt with her by correspondence but I haven't seen anyone sharing any stories of meeting her in person.

If you don't mind to share with us here, what do you meet her for? Some others might give you some ideas based on their dealings with CX...
Old Aug 4, 2012, 2:04 am
Suspended

Katie was excellent but don't know about this new person
Old Aug 4, 2012, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Thanks kamiao and correctioncx. I'm not meeting her regarding a specific CX issue or problem but more as a DM who has recently stopped flying CX in favour of another carrier.
Agreed Katie was indeed excellent!
Old Aug 4, 2012, 4:25 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by sjs:
I'd like to ask if anyone here has had any dealings with the Marco Polo Club Manager. I'll be meeting her in a couple of days, for the first time since Katie left and was wondering what to make of her, as she seems to have been somewhat low profile since she took over.
1. I think many of us do not like the AMEX promotion that gives free DMs to Centuriums and free GOs to Platinums. I'm not exactly sure what the current progress of the group action is, but you should certainly let her know about that!
2. I know AM and MPO are now technically in separate companies, but I find it really absurd that one has to now buy Y+ to use the same amount of miles to UG to J. I thought the way it was done for BA (half of Y redemption) is much better.

Thank you very much!
Old Aug 4, 2012, 5:22 am

Programs: CX DM / SQ PPS / VN Platinum
Thanks kamiao and correctioncx. I'm not meeting her regarding a specific CX issue or problem but more as a DM who has recently stopped flying CX in favour of another carrier.
Please pass along from this this DM (180k club miles in 10 months, almost all in J) that I've put ~30k miles on SQ and TG regional J in the last 6 months, as opposed to CX, because:

I'm getting fed up with CX's terrible food, decreasing diversity in cabin crew, far too common op-ups into J, the 15 year old regional J seats (and embarrassingly bad IFE and headphones) and the constant equipment changes which make it impossible to plan to fly CX with a nice J seat.

I don't care about the Amex promotion very much though. I am pretty sure i will get a J -> F op-op over an Amex DM member..
Old Aug 4, 2012, 5:50 am

Hi sjs, then do you mind to share with us what have made you dump CX and switch your business to other airlines?

I was dealing with Linda Sim for a few issues - mixed feelings: on one hand she offered me something totally unexpected which I really appreciated; and on the other hand I found her insensitive (on another issue), ignorant and not helpful. I guess since you agreed to see her, it might mean you haven't given up on CX yet and would like to give them an opportunity to win you back. I guess their attitude to listen to your issues/concerns would be different too.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kamiao
Hi sjs, then do you mind to share with us what have made you dump CX and switch your business to other airlines?
I feel very much in the same boat as Jane's Addiction, above. No individual incident or issue, but rather a slow but persistent decline in CX's offering as compared to its competitors.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 9:34 am

I feel very much in the same boat as Jane's Addiction, above. No individual incident or issue, but rather a slow but persistent decline in CX's offering as compared to its competitors.
In that case express your concerns to her - however I am not sure she is the right person to talk to about services... I don't really think her influence to the product is any strong at all. She might offer you something that within her field such as some free MPC status or even maybe DM for you, your wife and children etc but I strongly doubt she could actually do anything but tell you "I'll pass your concerns to management", which equals to nothing.

CX's J food has been a joke. It's OK to raise that but I am 100% sure you are not the first one who complain about it... does it work? I doubt.

Originally Posted by Jane's Addiction
far too common op-ups into J.
Jane's Addiction doesn't like Op-Up. I see the point but I just don't believe complaining about Op-up MPC to J will stop this happen. This has something to do with CX's fundamental Operational strategy. If they don't stop overselling Y tickets this would never stop - 'cos when Y is oversold, Airport control has to Op-Up people and Op-Up some Y SLCs to J is certainly cheaper than transfer them to competitors. But will CX stop overselling Y? I think there have been plenty of talks believe this is actually their revenue strategy... ok let's not go there.

I don't care about the Amex promotion very much though. I am pretty sure i will get a J -> F op-op over an Amex DM member..
Jane's Addiction, if you are a DM plus then you shouldn't worry about the Amex DM offer. If you are just a DM, I bet you will see the impact slowly and slowly. When someone finally takes the F seat that you supposed to be Op-Up to... what are you going to do? go to ask him that are you a Amex DM or not? or simply argue with him about how much he pays to CX a year and how much you do a year? I really have no evidence to against your belief at this stage - If you choose not to do anything to prevent this happen, I wish you good luck and always get what you deserve from the revenue you contribute to CX.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 11:12 am

Programs: AA UA DL AS CXDM JL NH Hilton Hyatt Marriott SPG IHG
If there is a dedicated thread for you Amex haters, please do go there and whine. Can you give us some clean space not to spread your Amex hatred? Really tired of reading these comments from the same group of people over and over again.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Welcome to FT, sjs:

Originally Posted by AmexCent
If there is a dedicated thread for you Amex haters, please do go there and whine. Can you give us some clean space not to spread your Amex hatred? Really tired of reading these comments from the same group of people over and over again.
kamiao did have a point here. When sjs: will discuss with Linda Sim reasons for jumping jets, ernestnywang gives a suggestion, which is not even a discussion at all. It is up to sjs: to bring that up with Linda Sim or not (of course many people want sjs: to do that...)

AmexCent - my question to you is - since you are so pro-CX, why don't you speak on CX behalf to retain sjs: as customer instead?

Attacking those people who speak out will not solve the foundation issue at all.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 12:09 am

Programs: CX DM, Accor Platinum, Discovery Titanium, Bonvoy Gold, Ultima
Please pass along from this this DM (180k club miles in 10 months, almost all in J) that I've put ~30k miles on SQ and TG regional J in the last 6 months, as opposed to CX, because:

I'm getting fed up with CX's terrible food, decreasing diversity in cabin crew, far too common op-ups into J, the 15 year old regional J seats (and embarrassingly bad IFE and headphones) and the constant equipment changes which make it impossible to plan to fly CX with a nice J seat.
+1. Increasingly using other airlines. But if CX do announce the new regional business class (and get the food better), then will be happy to channel most of my travel their way.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by garykung
AmexCent - my question to you is - since you are so pro-CX, why don't you speak on CX behalf to retain sjs: as customer instead?

Attacking those people who speak out will not solve the foundation issue at all.
It's OK Gary, I don't think AmexCent meant to attack me. I guess he and I might even share some similar feelings about this Amex Offer thing (Sorry I know I go OT again). We are both Revenue pax to CX and both Amex offer benefiaries... The difference is Amex offerred me GO while I've been flying to qualify GO anyway, while he got Amex DM while he might only be able to fly to qualify as GO. That might be the root of the different perspective on this issue.

I agree we shouldn't keep talking about Amex offer here - just OT.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 1:51 am

Programs: CX Marco Polo GR,DL Skymiles, SQ Krisfyer,PH Mabuhay Miles, HH gold, BWR Diamond
Originally Posted by AmexCent
AmexCent, if you can't stand it, then don't read this forum, you are free and nobody is asking you to.

This forum is for free discussions of ones opinions so don't impose, just simply leave if you can't stand it.

It is as simple as that.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 2:13 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by kamiao

I was dealing with Linda Sim for a few issues - mixed feelings: on one hand she offered me something totally unexpected which I really appreciated; and on the other hand I found her insensitive (on another issue), ignorant and not helpful. I guess since you agreed to see her, it might mean you haven't given up on CX yet and would like to give them an opportunity to win you back. I guess their attitude to listen to your issues/concerns would be different too.
Well I agree with kamio. As much as I want to give bix to CX, the very out-dated regional aircraft (plus constant last minutes aircraft changed), always put it on.

I have to think very hard weather to fly direct SIN-TPE on SQ on A333 which has very comfortable Y and "advance" IFE compare to o SIN-HKG-TPE on CX. Not only the later will easily add at least 2-2.5 hours, but also SIN-HKG will have no AVOD and very lousy IFE.

So at the end I do not see why I should fly CX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.