Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

OLCI problems at Check-in counters in SIN

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist

I had to wait for 10 minutes or so while the agent figures out whats happening to my booking on CX734. Apparently because I did OLCI after printing my BP, my name disappears from the manifest. I tried checking through the mobile app and it said that I'm on standby. The agent told me its been happening since 3am and they always had to override everything. She couldn't even look up what BN I was on.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 9:58 pm

Programs: CX DM, NH Plat, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Plat
Same in TPE on 1 Jul

Counter checkin at TPE on morning of 1 Jul was chaos. Caused our overbooked 747 to be delayed 30 min and pilot was quite clear about where the blame lay: " sorry folks but the IT system for check-in crashed and ground agents have been working had to manually process passengers. Unfortunately that is the cause of our delay this morning." Nothing like a plain truth pilot!! Good on him.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 10:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
That's probably contribute to my op up from PVG as well ....

I booked on KA 809(20:30), jump on CX 369(17:35) and end up delay to depart 19:30
Old Jul 2, 2012, 12:07 am

Programs: CX DM
Could it be related to this?

Global Altea outage.

Qantas has confirmed a global outage of Amadeus' Altea reservation system is the cause of chaos at check-in counters nationally for the airline on Sunday.

"Global issues with Altea system affecting check-in," Qantas said on its official Twitter page.

"Issue resolved and ports will be back online shortly. We're sorry for the inconvenience."
Apparently it is due to the extra second being added to to the world’s electronic clocks at midnight on Saturday.......
Old Jul 2, 2012, 9:23 am

Yes, that's the reason. CX is on the same system.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 9:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; GT-I9210 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I think for check in they are still using the old system? I think i saw somewhere that the Feb cut off was only for reservation but not for airport operations.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 12:07 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by kesler.go
Apparently because I did OLCI after printing my BP, my name disappears from the manifest.
How did you OLCI after printing BP?
Old Jul 2, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by kevkmkwok
Could it be related to this?

Apparently it is due to the extra second being added to to the world’s electronic clocks at midnight on Saturday.......
Originally Posted by B-HQC
Yes, that's the reason. CX is on the same system.
Originally Posted by ChrisLi
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; GT-I9210 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I think for check in they are still using the old system? I think i saw somewhere that the Feb cut off was only for reservation but not for airport operations.
They indeed are still using the old system for check-in, but there must be some link between Altéa and the check-in system to accommodate last minute bookings and requests, so I guess it remains a possibility.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by ernestnywang
How did you OLCI after printing BP?
sorry I meant, Apparently because I did OLCI, my name disappears from the manifest after the agent prints my BP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.