Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Married segments etc

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2012, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Married segments etc

Not familiar with married segments or amadeus at all but would like to help someone. I know there are gurus here who can answer.

Passenger buys ex tpe ticket for FRA in D class. As we know the ex-tpe tickets now are "married". He is given tpe-hkg and then hkg-FRA . Strangely, the tpe-hkg segment does not clear but the hkg-fra cleared (I thiought they only clear together)? Am I right?

Q2 - is it possible to marry a different tpe-hkg flight to hkg-fra, eg to depart tpe an hour earlier? I was saying this to warn friend that sometimes flights out of TPE are cancelled due to load factors or delayed due to whatever and this might impact the hig-fra long haul. So can he request a tpe-hkg flight an hour earlier?

Q3 - assuming that it s a "No" to Q2 above, can a passenger arrive at TPE early for flight ealier than the D class first segment and get on the TPE-HKG so that he is safe and early in HKG to fly onwards to Europe? What are chances of TPE allowing that? Can one assume that it will be allowed or only in exceptional cases?

Q4 - what if a passenger arrives in TPE too late to catch the TPE-HKG flight? Can he board a later flight (assuming that it is still possible to board the hkg-fra)?

Thank you.
Old May 10, 2012, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Answer to all your questions - yes its possible... but best if you do it through a travel agent. CX's website seems limited in doing what you're asking.
Old May 10, 2012, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Answer to all your questions - yes its possible... but best if you do it through a travel agent. CX's website seems limited in doing what you're asking.
GB, thanks for responding.

His agent says cannot do it cos it is now amadeus (urgh!). So what about Qs 2-4, just arriving at airport to take earlier or later flight (assuming seat available). Will airport allow?

Thank you.
Old May 10, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: CXAM BAEC
Q3 -Yes they do, so long there are still D class available on that flight. Just remember to ask for it nicely
Old May 10, 2012, 2:03 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by IncyWincy
Not familiar with married segments or amadeus at all but would like to help someone. I know there are gurus here who can answer.

Passenger buys ex tpe ticket for FRA in D class. As we know the ex-tpe tickets now are "married". He is given tpe-hkg and then hkg-FRA . Strangely, the tpe-hkg segment does not clear but the hkg-fra cleared (I thiought they only clear together)? Am I right?

Q2 - is it possible to marry a different tpe-hkg flight to hkg-fra, eg to depart tpe an hour earlier? I was saying this to warn friend that sometimes flights out of TPE are cancelled due to load factors or delayed due to whatever and this might impact the hig-fra long haul. So can he request a tpe-hkg flight an hour earlier?

Q3 - assuming that it s a "No" to Q2 above, can a passenger arrive at TPE early for flight ealier than the D class first segment and get on the TPE-HKG so that he is safe and early in HKG to fly onwards to Europe? What are chances of TPE allowing that? Can one assume that it will be allowed or only in exceptional cases?

Q4 - what if a passenger arrives in TPE too late to catch the TPE-HKG flight? Can he board a later flight (assuming that it is still possible to board the hkg-fra)?

Thank you.
If HKG is booked as a transit (less than 24 hours), TPE-HKG and HKG-FRA should confirm together or remain waitlist together. Either the TA did something wrong or CX's system is really messed up. If your friends wants to book on another TPE-HKG FLT, the HKG-FRA needs to be rebooked again as well, as they need to be booked together. However, you can always go to the airport and asked to be put to an earlier FLT if there are seats available.
Old Nov 26, 2015, 6:18 am

married segment is possiple to break , you just need a code
thats it
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:07 am

Could you please share this code with me ? Can it be noticed in PNR History ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.