Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Marco Polo Club
Reload this Page >

Can I upgrade Y class redemption ticket to J at check-in?

Old Apr 10, 12, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, PR MM, IHG Plat Amb, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum

Can I do this at check-in? Assuming award availability is open (which so far flight is wide open)
It only requires 10k more miles from my 20k miles award Y one-way ticket.
Flight leaves tonight.

Thanks for inputs.
Old Apr 10, 12, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-LTP, TP-*G, HL-D, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
You have to contact MPC beforehand or at the airport. But since you're DM, you could of course just hope for an op-up !
Old Apr 10, 12, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, PR MM, IHG Plat Amb, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Flight is really empty (can't hope for opup). I can hope for Y+ though since plane will be the new one.

Will ask at check-in. If they put me on Y+ I'll try it out . If not I'll ask for top up to J.
Old Apr 10, 12, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Should have listed to you Guy Betsy!
Airport checkin won't do it
Not even a Y+ seat for a dm member!
Anyway, redeemed Y and should get Y . (as everyone says)
Old Apr 11, 12, 12:54 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
the only way is to reticket the ticket and pay change fee (doubtful whether DMs can waive that)
Old Feb 14, 20, 2:12 am

Programs: QF Emerald. CX Nobody
old thread bump

want to issue redemption ticket for tmr flight. J wide open but Cathay Pathetic still being pathetic retards only have econony choice for flight i want

can airport process this paying point difference?
Old Feb 14, 20, 3:38 am

Programs: CX Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Four Seasons/Belmond Paid Guest
Originally Posted by fakecd View Post
old thread bump

want to issue redemption ticket for tmr flight. J wide open but Cathay Pathetic still being pathetic retards only have econony choice for flight i want

can airport process this paying point difference?

book any future available date, go to airport, tell agent you want to go show. Free... so if there is a space.
Old Feb 14, 20, 4:28 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Smart plan!

Relatively recent (all 2020) standby experiences, in R upgraded to U:

Ex HKG they charged me the award change fee in the lounge (could not pay with miles in the lounge) once and didn’t mention any sort of fee the other time.

ex MEL, pretty much waved through at ~T-60mins for the previous departure (and that was ‘the previous night’, I stood by on the 0105 departure rather than the 0850 that I was booked on, because my inbound QF flight was late, and there wasn’t much point in trying to get sleep at the airport hotel).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: