Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX connecting to Hongkong Air HX

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2012, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

just an update on this one

Major CX delayed going in hkg, all flights are delayed and hkg ground crew will not help those with other connecting carrier. its probably within their right but usa ground crew promised and contacted corporate to solve them.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:09 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by sparkzone
just an update on this one

Major CX delayed going in hkg, all flights are delayed and hkg ground crew will not help those with other connecting carrier. its probably within their right but usa ground crew promised and contacted corporate to solve them.
All FLTs are delayed? CX is usually good at helping those who misconnects due to delayed incoming FLTs, although it is certainly possible that in your case it didn't. Of course, though, if you are connecting to HX, CX likely won't help you, as they don't interline:

Code:
W/*CX¥*HX«
 CX-160 CATHAY PACIFIC AIRWAYS/CATHAY PACIFIC AIRWAYS LTD        

CANNOT ISSUE TKT-NO AGREEMENT ON FILE  
       HX-851 HONG KONG AIRLINES/HONG KONG AIRLINES              

CANNOT CHECK BAGGAGE NO AGREEMENT ON FILE  
       HX
Old Aug 31, 2012, 1:22 am

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Yes. You need to first apply, then wait 6 months for the application to go through, then when it gets approved you can use the Frequent Traveller lane.
Huh? I applied on the spot, waited 15 minutes, and used the e-channel (which is I assume what you are referring to) on that same trip's exit from HK 2 days later.

Definitely one of the most efficient airports in the world if you know the systems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.