FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Seat Selection (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1323174-seat-selection.html)

LadyB Mar 9, 2012 8:08 pm

Seat Selection

Hi,
Hoping someone can help me please?

I have a flight booked on CX for 1st September so am now able to select my seat (Business Class booking).

However, when I log into MMB, all that is showing is 9 seats, the galley & the toilets and those 9 seats aren't available.

Is this just a glitch on the part of CX? Would it be a good idea to try again later today or to just call CX here in PEK?

Many thanks for any advice/suggestions.

ernestnywang Mar 9, 2012 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by lady1964 (Post 18170747)
Hi,
Hoping someone can help me please?

I have a flight booked on CX for 1st September so am now able to select my seat (Business Class booking).

However, when I log into MMB, all that is showing is 9 seats, the galley & the toilets and those 9 seats aren't available.

Is this just a glitch on the part of CX? Would it be a good idea to try again later today or to just call CX here in PEK?

Many thanks for any advice/suggestions.

Yes, as many have reported MMB's seat selection function currently blocks many seats that are actually available and has other display issues as well. Call CX but expect a long wait and / or engaged tone.

jmw2323 Mar 10, 2012 12:07 am

have done dummy bookings for 4 F seats. shows that the tickets are bookable. However, on the select seat page, all 6 seats show an "X"

LadyB Mar 10, 2012 7:31 am

Originally Posted by jmw2323 (Post 18171580)
have done dummy bookings for 4 F seats. shows that the tickets are bookable. However, on the select seat page, all 6 seats show an "X"

I've just done the same thing and seats on main & upper deck available but I'm not getting the option to look at the UD in MMB. Tried calling CX, no joy. Not impressed, what's the point of MMB if you can't select your seats?

travelbug38 Mar 10, 2012 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by lady1964 (Post 18172613)
I've just done the same thing and seats on main & upper deck available but I'm not getting the option to look at the UD in MMB. Tried calling CX, no joy. Not impressed, what's the point of MMB if you can't select your seats?

The CX seat selection is a farce at the moment. I believe they have many more important issues at hand to tackle first.

LadyB Mar 12, 2012 8:16 am

Have tried calling CX several times over the last 3 days and either get a message that says 'all our agents are busy, please hold for the next available agent' to 'all our agents are extremely busy, please call again later' and the phone call being cut. Today, I heard the same Robbie Williams track 3 times with only one message during this period.

So, I emailed, using the eservice section, briefly explained my issue and got a reply, which stated I can select my seat using MMB and telling me how to do this. Clearly the person who sent this email hadn't properly read the one I sent. So, a reply has been sent, explaining clearly exactly why I can't do as suggested. I look forward to reading any response.

I will say the response I received, although not helpful, was sent within a couple of hours of my first email being sent, so that's good, just disappointing that I'm no further forward.

This is our first time flying CX, it may be the last if this issue isn't resolved to my satisfaction soon.

BingBongBoy Mar 12, 2012 10:20 am

I called CX today in relation to the ticketing of the booking and asked about the date at which I can select seat and I got told 180 days "ish"... But she told me I already had seats requested, which are not showing in MMB though.

She also told me that as the booking was not ticketed on CX ticket stock, I probably won't be able to access seat selection in MMB... I am not really sure if I will be able to do it online or not.

LadyB Mar 12, 2012 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy (Post 18184542)
I called CX today in relation to the ticketing of the booking and asked about the date at which I can select seat and I got told 180 days "ish"... But she told me I already had seats requested, which are not showing in MMB though.

She also told me that as the booking was not ticketed on CX ticket stock, I probably won't be able to access seat selection in MMB... I am not really sure if I will be able to do it online or not.

Not sure what you mean by 'CX ticket stock' BBB, we booked directly online with CX and we're under the 180 days now, at least for our outgoing HKG-DPS flight and in MMB, it shows 'confirmed' but under 'seat' it has --.
We get the little seat map but all 9 that is shows are X = unavailable. When I did a dummy booking for our flight a couple of days ago, it gave the option to select our seats once I'd paid, obviously I stopped at that point.

No reply to the email I sent back to CX last night, let's hope someone can be bothered today.

phlashba Mar 12, 2012 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by lady1964 (Post 18187706)
Not sure what you mean by 'CX ticket stock' BBB, we booked directly online with CX and we're under the 180 days now, at least for our outgoing HKG-DPS flight and in MMB, it shows 'confirmed' but under 'seat' it has --.
We get the little seat map but all 9 that is shows are X = unavailable. When I did a dummy booking for our flight a couple of days ago, it gave the option to select our seats once I'd paid, obviously I stopped at that point.

No reply to the email I sent back to CX last night, let's hope someone can be bothered today.

If you are referring to CX785 on 1 September, there is only one seat so far taken on the Upper Deck and there are plenty of seats open on the main deck with only three taken. I believe what you may be seeing (9 seats) is rows 1-4 of the First Class cabin.

BingBongBoy Mar 12, 2012 7:08 pm

Sorry, did not mean to confuse your issue. My ticket is issued by BA, and that is what is causing a problem for me apparently.

Hope you get yours sorted out.

jab4sxm Mar 12, 2012 7:20 pm

cx computer system

Be patient with CX. they just changed their computer system so i would suppose it will take awhile to get glitches worked out, seats might be one of the issues as well as award space.

LadyB Mar 13, 2012 12:16 am

Originally Posted by phlashba (Post 18187939)
If you are referring to CX785 on 1 September, there is only one seat so far taken on the Upper Deck and there are plenty of seats open on the main deck with only three taken. I believe what you may be seeing (9 seats) is rows 1-4 of the First Class cabin.

That is the flight I'm trying to select seats for and yes, I've assumed the seats I can see are the FC cabin.

I guess as a BA flyer, I'm used to being able to select my seats when I book, although I appreciate I booked these CX flights ahead of 180 days, I did expect to be able to use MMB when available to me, which I can't and when I've had reason to contact BA, I've had very prompt reply. From this, I should assume that not all service is equal.

It's just very frustrating that calling them isn't working and have had a) a very unhelpful response to my first email and b) no response as yet to my second email.

I will try though, to be more patient and thanks for the responses so far.

phlashba Mar 13, 2012 9:39 am

Originally Posted by lady1964 (Post 18189395)
That is the flight I'm trying to select seats for and yes, I've assumed the seats I can see are the FC cabin.

I guess as a BA flyer, I'm used to being able to select my seats when I book, although I appreciate I booked these CX flights ahead of 180 days, I did expect to be able to use MMB when available to me, which I can't and when I've had reason to contact BA, I've had very prompt reply. From this, I should assume that not all service is equal.

It's just very frustrating that calling them isn't working and have had a) a very unhelpful response to my first email and b) no response as yet to my second email.

I will try though, to be more patient and thanks for the responses so far.

Top of climb Mar 14, 2012 8:47 am

You can select seats without paying for a dummy booking. Click continue as guest and the next screen gives you an option to select seat.

Not that it probably helps your current situation but you might want to know why this is happening... your flight is operated by a three-class 74A sold as two-class. The First Class cabin (rows 1-4) are blocked. Hence why all 9 seats are X'd out on your seat selection screen. Normally those 9 seats should be displayed as part of the main deck J cabin (rather than on their lonesome self), and you should be able to toggle between the upper deck and main deck by clicking on the grey rectangle which says "Upper Deck" at the far side of the seat map, to the right of the last row of seats displayed in the cabin. This is certainly how it appears when you opt to select a seat through the (dummy) booking process, so it would make sense for CX's system to display similar seat maps through both MMB and booking (though CX's IT frequently makes no sense!)

Finally, as other posters have alluded to, CX is having real trouble with its recent cutover of the passenger reservations system, so their call centres and e-service help centres are rather overloaded at the moment. I suspect that for anything non-urgent those requests are being shunted down the queue. Again, it probably doesn't help assauge your frustration that you can't choose a seat but it is why the response is slow.

jmw2323 Mar 14, 2012 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Top of climb (Post 18198780)
Not that it probably helps your current situation but you might want to know why this is happening... your flight is operated by a three-class 74A sold as two-class. The First Class cabin (rows 1-4) are blocked. Hence why all 9 seats are X'd out on your seat selection screen.

However, I mentioned above, a dummy booking of 4 F seats on a 4 class plane shows F as being full as they are all "X'd" out.