Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Selection

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by Cohall
Just wanted to post a quick follow-up. I received a phone call from Cathay this morning, confirming that they had made the requested changes, and then they emailed me an updated confirmation of my reservation. While it was a painful process in general, the outcome and service I received via email was excellent.
When are you traveling? I'm just curious to know how early they might release those bassinet seats.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by phlashba
When are you traveling? I'm just curious to know how early they might release those bassinet seats.
Early June, so we're about 2.5 months out.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 2:39 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Early June, so we're about 2.5 months out.
Thanks, that's interesting. Did they say anything about potentially having to move you if the bassinet was needed?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 10:24 am
formerly known as lady1964
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by mayodave
A bit rich coming from a BA silver whose airline only allow t - 24hr
?

As a BA Silver, I can select my seat when I book my flights, a Bronze member can select their seats 7 days prior to their flights.

I thought this forum was for helpful comments actually.

Don't quite see the point of your comment tbh.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A bit rich coming from a BA silver whose airline only allow t - 24hr
t-24 is for non-elites only.

Besides, what is the point of your comment? If you dont have any positive thing to say or any helpful tips to share, why bother to post something utterly irrelevant?

Each airline works differently, and certainly the poster has no say how an airline works.

This is one of the most unhelpful posts I have read across all FT forums.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 4:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
I wish CX would make it even more difficult for other members of OW to book seats so people who are high rate paying customers like me get the best seats everytime
Old Mar 25, 2012, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I wish CX would make it even more difficult for other members of OW to book seats so people who are high rate paying customers like me get the best seats everytime
Grapes a bit sour?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 7:57 pm

Programs: CX DM, PR PE, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
On the topic of seat selection. Does anyone else have any problems booking Y extra legroom seats in manage my booking?
Everything seems blocked or taken (which is hard to believe!)
Its happening to all my flight bookings in the next 5 months

Last edited by luial; Mar 25, 2012 at 7:59 pm Reason: added info
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Really? If you are DM, you should have gotten the best treatments CX would offer. Why you are still complaining? Obviously your high rate paying customer status means jack to CX. How odd!
Old Mar 26, 2012, 6:47 am

Programs: Marco Polo Club
Originally Posted by luial
On the topic of seat selection. Does anyone else have any problems booking Y extra legroom seats in manage my booking?
Everything seems blocked or taken (which is hard to believe!)
Its happening to all my flight bookings in the next 5 months
MMB has been blocking all the extra legroom seats because the new system doesn't allow you to choose them online. You have to call in. I've tried calling though, but it was very hit and miss. I managed to take the first row of extra legroom for a silver booking in April, but I tried to buy an extra legroom roundtrip for an AM member, and the agent ended up telling me that there was only one seat (middle seat 59J on the 77G) available on both legs. I found this very unlikely, as this was HKG-YYZ-HKG, but I can't check because obviously the online seat maps show them as blocked.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:37 am
formerly known as lady1964
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze
Is this a tongue in cheek comment?

If not, how do you know that I haven't paid a high rate for my flights?

CX have made it difficult for me, I can't access the bloody seat plan to book my seats. Seems I'm not the only one either, or do you think it's only people in the 'cheap seats' who can't select their seats via MMB?

I could go on but it's not worth it.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by LadyB
Is this a tongue in cheek comment?

If not, how do you know that I haven't paid a high rate for my flights?

CX have made it difficult for me, I can't access the bloody seat plan to book my seats. Seems I'm not the only one either, or do you think it's only people in the 'cheap seats' who can't select their seats via MMB?

I could go on but it's not worth it.
Don't waste your breath. The majority of his/her posts are all about how much more special he is than everyone else on the plane, and anyone that upgrades, uses miles, anything else, isn't worthy of being on the plane with him and shouldn't be allowed any courtesy from the airline.

Some people are just unhappy all the time. What can you do?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by phlashba
Thanks, that's interesting. Did they say anything about potentially having to move you if the bassinet was needed?
There was not mention of it on the phone call. However, when I sent my email, I did note that I understood the seat was a bassinet location, and the restrictions that come with requesting that seat.

C
Old Mar 27, 2012, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't waste your breath. The majority of his/her posts are all about how much more special he is than everyone else on the plane, and anyone that upgrades, uses miles, anything else, isn't worthy of being on the plane with him and shouldn't be allowed any courtesy from the airline.

Some people are just unhappy all the time. What can you do?
Well, he can eat his heart out and we can just have our J or F seats with miles (and pay very little taxes, no YQ to boot!)
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
At least I dont need miles to be on a wing and a prayer to get my favourite seats, I just pay for them. The sooner someone comes up with an airline where you only get to sit in the seats you pay for the better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.