Wiki Posts
Search

CX TPE: Best Service Systemwide

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2012, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, KF TPPS, SPG PLAT
CX TPE: Best Service Systemwide

I wanted to share with you all an outstanding customer service experience that I had on Feb 25th flying on the 11:25am flight from TPE to HKG.

As people may know, this was the beginning of a four day weekend in Taiwan so the highways were very congested. Usually when I am running late I call the duty manager's desk at TPE so they can check me in first. This time, my phone died and I had no way to call for help. Anyways, I arrive at Terminal 1 at 11:18am and run up to the counter. Upon learning that I was on the flight that was due to depart in 7 minutes they called the gate to tell them I was on my way. Then they set up a relay team of 4 staff to get me to the gate (B8 for those that know the airport well). When I got tired from running they even offered to carry my bag! I reached the plane at 11:25 and they closed the door immediately thereafter. The icing on the cake is that the last thing that they did before passing me off to the crew was to give me a new BP, moving my seat from 11A to 3A!

Before I go on, I really apologize if I caused the flight to be delayed. I have been on plenty of flights that have been held for late passengers and I sympathize.

Back to the topic, this is really a great example of an airline going above and beyond for their premium pax. Heck, this might even be a TPE thing more than anything else. I can't recall the last time someone in CX HKG went so above and beyond.

Thank you CX - You are the best.

Last edited by ech207; Mar 6, 2012 at 12:06 am
Old Mar 5, 2012, 5:48 am

Programs: CX DM, Marriott Plat, SPG lifetime, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Chairman's Club
You can tell them that directly are you going to the TW Diamond dinner?
Old Mar 5, 2012, 6:47 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Yes, with all the construction the traffic can be awful these days. Here's my chance to show my love for TW...I agree...TPE as an airport has its rough edges (it's all part of the charm!) but the staff has the biggest heart and makes the destination the best in the system in my opinion...it's my favorite CX outport. I'm HKG based but would love to go to the TW Diamond dinner!
Old Mar 5, 2012, 8:30 am

Programs: QF WP
That's pretty poor form, making a premium pax run. The next flight was scheduled to depart at 12:00, where you could walk at a leisurely pace, enjoy a pre-flight drink and arrive in HKG just 40 mins later than the original flight.
(I'm assuming you didn't have a MCT to meet).
Old Mar 5, 2012, 5:44 pm

have to agree. cx staff in tpe is some of the best.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 6:09 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, Former CX Diamond, TG Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Amex Platinum
May I say that it’s an absolute delight reading a very complimentary post about CX. I’m a regular reader of FT and sometimes can’t believe the amount of CX bashing that goes on in this forum, often about (in my opinion) things of little consequence. You’ve given me an incentive to start posting stories about some of the many great experiences I’ve had with CX and the reason I’m a staunch supporter. Yes, every now and then things go awry with CX however the superb ground and inflight service far outshines the occasional mishap. CX people do make the airline.
Originally Posted by ech207
I wanted to share with you all an outstanding customer service experience that I had on Feb 25th flying on the 11:25am flight from TPE to HKG.

As people may know, this was the beginning of a four day weekend in Taiwan so the highways were very congested. Usually when I am running late I call the duty manager's desk at TPE so they can check me in first. This time, my phone died and I had no way to call for help. Anyways, I arrive at Terminal 1 at 11:18am and run up to the counter. Upon learning that I was on the flight that was due to depart in 7 minutes they called the gate to tell them I was on my way. Then they set up a relay team of 4 staff to get me to the gate (B8 for those that know the airport well). When I got tired from running they even offered to carry my bag! I reached the plane at 11:25 and the closed the door immediately thereafter. The icing on the cake is that TW last thing that they did before passing me off to the crew was to give me a new BP, moving my seat from 11A to 3A!

Before I go on, I really apologize if I caused the flight to be delayed. I have been on plenty of flights that have been held for late passengers and I sympathize.

Back to the topic, this is really a great example of an airline going above and beyond for their premium pax. Heck, this might even be a TPE thing more than anything else. I can't recall the last time someone in CX HKG went so above and beyond.

Old Mar 5, 2012, 6:59 pm

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by frankyguy
May I say that it’s an absolute delight reading a very complimentary post about CX. I’m a regular reader of FT and sometimes can’t believe the amount of CX bashing that goes on in this forum, often about (in my opinion) things of little consequence. You’ve given me an incentive to start posting stories about some of the many great experiences I’ve had with CX and the reason I’m a staunch supporter. Yes, every now and then things go awry with CX however the superb ground and inflight service far outshines the occasional mishap. CX people do make the airline.
Yes - I'm probably guilty of what you say - it's only when things go wrong that one is really vocal at times.

However, the reason I keep on coming back to CX is because the total value package (service & support) is better than any other airline (for me).
Old Mar 5, 2012, 8:04 pm

Programs: CX Diamond

If you really want to show your appreciation to the ground staff, fill out a feedback form with details to CX. The staff gets plenty of complaints, few praises. Sometimes these good reports will make it back to their permanent record and it helps when it's time for promotions.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

I had an appointment to make in HKG and did not want to be late. They actually offered the next flight to me and I begged to stay on the original flight
Old Mar 5, 2012, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

I am HK based so unfortunately not.

That said, I get consistently good service from the TPE and PEK outports. PVG is really hit or miss.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 9:54 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I actually filled out a form and called their TW manager to say thank you.

However, given that my complaints tend to get swept under the rug at this organization, I'm not sure if my compliments will get any different treatment!

Last edited by ech207; Mar 5, 2012 at 10:12 pm
Old Mar 5, 2012, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
This would never happen in the states.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 10:01 pm

Programs: QF Platinum
Happened to us once in HK, upgraded to J and to another flight to SYD, CX held gate open while we ran there, on arrival at gate said no need to hurry we kept it open knowing you were coming!.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 10:12 pm

I had an appointment to make in HKG and did not want to be late. They actually offered the next flight to me and I begged to stay on the original flight
i flown a day before you (24th), the check-in agent asked me whether i would like to fly earlier (after she confirmed it's regional J seats and only window available), i answer no i would like to depart on the flight i booked.

she than become a little pushy saying you will have more transit time in HK. i just rolled my eyes said i already have 3 hours.

yes she said all the afternoon flights are oversold, and was nice to have a middle seat remained unoccupied.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 5:16 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by zqsn5678
i flown a day before you (24th), the check-in agent asked me whether i would like to fly earlier (after she confirmed it's regional J seats and only window available), i answer no i would like to depart on the flight i booked.

she than become a little pushy saying you will have more transit time in HK. i just rolled my eyes said i already have 3 hours.

yes she said all the afternoon flights are oversold, and was nice to have a middle seat remained unoccupied.
Not the best in marketing an earlier flight, I suppose. Were you booked on a long-haul config?

Although, with flight time being just 1 hour, and so many flights each day, I think of this segment as a bus service - just get on the next feasible service with the seat that I wouldn't mind being in, and worry about what's next after arriving at HKG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.