Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Trying to book Asia Miles award on website - "we will call you in 7 days"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyMiles, AA, CX Asia Miles, United MileagePlus, HHonors

My Asia Miles expire on Feb 29, and last night I tried to book a roundtrip domestic ticket on American Airlines on the Asia Miles website. I got the message "one our agents will call you in 7 days to finalize the booking." Is that normal? What if it takes longer than 7 days with all the heavy customer service volume right now? Should I just go ahead and call Asia Miles (whenever I can get through eventually)? I just don't want my miles to expire before they can book it.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:33 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by cloudeleven
My Asia Miles expire on Feb 29, and last night I tried to book a roundtrip domestic ticket on American Airlines on the Asia Miles website. I got the message "one our agents will call you in 7 days to finalize the booking." Is that normal? What if it takes longer than 7 days with all the heavy customer service volume right now? Should I just go ahead and call Asia Miles (whenever I can get through eventually)? I just don't want my miles to expire before they can book it.
AA --> partner redemption booking? Sorry, you really have to talk to someone at MPO to get it done. And given the call centre's swamped http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...47-5500-a.html, best of luck

If you have status, and you can call at 2am, maybe you'll get through.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:42 am

Call after 1am, and you should be able to get through in 15 minutes. After 2am, the queue is much shorter.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hkskyline
Call after 1am, and you should be able to get through in 15 minutes. After 2am, the queue is much shorter.
Is that an English-speaking number for Asia Miles that I can get help in 15 minutes after 2 AM? If so, what's the number?
Old Feb 19, 2012, 6:27 am

Is that an English-speaking number for Asia Miles that I can get help in 15 minutes after 2 AM? If so, what's the number?
I called the Marco Polo line at 2747 5500. English service is available. I tried at 3am today and even after 15 minutes, it was not answered so I gave up.

Seems the call volume is exceptionally high lately.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 11:11 am

I started on English at 10:30pm tonight and got through at 1:30am.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 11:47 am

Cathay Pacific Award booking system down

FYI: the CX booking system for award travel booking has been down for the past week. Still not working when I checked this morning Sun 2/19. Problem due to CX changeover to the Amadeus system, I am told. Normal revenue Online bookings are working okay, however.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by jf123
FYI: the CX booking system for award travel booking has been down for the past week. Still not working when I checked this morning Sun 2/19. Problem due to CX changeover to the Amadeus system, I am told. Normal revenue Online bookings are working okay, however.
It seems fine to me. What are you trying to book?
Old Feb 19, 2012, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Just curious, is there a fee to book an American Airlines award over the phone with Asia Miles customer service?
Old Feb 19, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Just curious, is there a fee to book an American Airlines award over the phone with Asia Miles customer service?
No.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by percysmith
It seems fine to me. What are you trying to book?
Working for me as well. Got on the waitlist for a roundtrip with no errors.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

I tried the toll-free U.S. Asia Miles number again tonight (1-866-892-2598), was on hold a few hours (using my speakerphone) with the normal hold music, then all of a sudden a man came on having a conversation in Chinese, but he couldn't hear me when I said "hello" repeatedly. Seemed like a casual conversation, but I could only hear him. I just hung up. Kinda strange. Anyone know what happened?
Old Feb 19, 2012, 10:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by percysmith
I started on English at 10:30pm tonight and got through at 1:30am.
oh no...... i need to book a ticket with someone's miles (without their online details)
i dont want to wait for 3 hrs...
Old Feb 20, 2012, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by kaka
oh no...... i need to book a ticket with someone's miles (without their online details)
i dont want to wait for 3 hrs...
Or dial between 8am-11pm to Beijing centre and speak Mandarin http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...l#post18047884
Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:33 pm

Hi Kaka did you end up booking? I am still not able to get thru the line...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.