Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Celebrity chef given HK$40K cash compensation for 9-hour delay on CX255

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity chef given HK$40K cash compensation for 9-hour delay on CX255

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Sooner or later, I may be end up doing this:

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/11909...ebit-card-use/

Cut my MPC SL card and send it back to CX in protest...
Old Jan 28, 2012, 8:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: CX MPO
Originally Posted by garykung

I don't see the reason why you should keep it since it seems you have plenty of bones to pick with CX and your main FFP appears to be another one.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by CXBA
I don't see the reason why you should keep it since it seems you have plenty of bones to pick with CX and your main FFP appears to be another one.
To be honest, I am seriously considering this.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A couple more to supplement (based on personal observations):

1. None of any of you traveled with me at that time. If you were with me at that time, you would have the same feeling as I did.

2. I have been tried my best in resolving my "difference" with CX and hopefully they will listen. But no.

In all time, I have been objective to the whole issue. I never put emotion at first.

3. CX Crews (GAs and FAs), unless they are directly involved, were sympathetic about what had happened to me.

4. I had no gain at all by "trashing" CX (based on the way how you describe me).

5. It is not uncommon for people to have 2 elite status. While most of my travel involve with HKG, traveling on CX and having such status make sense.

6. My focus has been always CX's corporate culture - I never attack any frontline workers at all.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 4:23 am

Programs: Cathay MPC Silver; SPG
A couple more to supplement (based on personal observations):

1. None of any of you traveled with me at that time. If you were with me at that time, you would have the same feeling as I did.

2. I have been tried my best in resolving my "difference" with CX and hopefully they will listen. But no.

In all time, I have been objective to the whole issue. I never put emotion at first.

3. CX Crews (GAs and FAs), unless they are directly involved, were sympathetic about what had happened to me.

4. I had no gain at all by "trashing" CX (based on the way how you describe me).

5. It is not uncommon for people to have 2 elite status. While most of my travel involve with HKG, traveling on CX and having such status make sense.

6. My focus has been always CX's corporate culture - I never attack any frontline workers at all.

No offence, how frequent/ how long hv you been flying with cx to make those past comments? I hv been flying with them since the 90s ( 4 to 6 LH a year plus regionals annually on average) and had a fair share of good and bad experience. I don't consider myself frequent flyer enough to validates my view on cx. I am afraid your sample size isn't big enough yet to do yours/ cx any justice.

Pt 6, can you really observe the Corp culture based on flying a few times a year? Is this based on hearsay? Can u really tell without working there? Before I work in an ib, people's perception of the industry's culture were somewhat different to what really it's like once you are in the industry.

Pt 4, indeed gain u nothing, but being a nuisance if the comments aren't founded/ true.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Why don't you put your money where your mouth is, and simply eat the silver card.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF

If you do not fly OW crediting miles/segments to your MPC, you will lose your SL status anyway. With a negative opinion on CX from the beginning, the original status match to MPC may be the wrong thing to do for both you and CX. Traveling on your favorite airline(s) will be a better approach.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:22 am

Programs: CX DM, SG Krisfl, MH Enrich, Hyatt GP Diam, Priority Club Plat, Marriott SL, HHonors, SPG, AClub
Sorry for bumping this up again, but I just coincidentally stumbled over this link with AA compensations of up to USD 15,000 (HKD 117,000) per Y pax because of delay even with AA GLD status (Ruby/CX SL), etc... Some of you may know that list already, but might be interesting for those who didn't know that yet (like me):
http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...pensation_(AA)

While putting that particular CX compensation somewhat in relation, I obviously still don't agree with that just because of a DYKWIA/VIP... and well, AA has filed for chapter 11 which doesn't surprise me at all after looking at such compensation payments
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:58 am

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM
Originally Posted by Connecta
Sorry for bumping this up again, but I just coincidentally stumbled over this link with AA compensations of up to USD 15,000 (HKD 117,000) per Y pax because of delay even with AA GLD status (Ruby/CX SL), etc... Some of you may know that list already, but might be interesting for those who didn't know that yet (like me):
http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index...pensation_(AA)

While putting that particular CX compensation somewhat in relation, I obviously still don't agree with that just because of a DYKWIA/VIP... and well, AA has filed for chapter 11 which doesn't surprise me at all after looking at such compensation payments
You are aware those are miles, not dollars, right?. The highest dollar one I see on that list is for an exp traveling with 3 people who received 10k miles himself and $1000 x4 people. But keep in mind that was almost 10 years ago and the person reporting it was in F.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 2:26 am

Programs: CX DM, SG Krisfl, MH Enrich, Hyatt GP Diam, Priority Club Plat, Marriott SL, HHonors, SPG, AClub
Originally Posted by AZbba
You are aware those are miles, not dollars, right?. The highest dollar one I see on that list is for an exp traveling with 3 people who received 10k miles himself and $1000 x4 people. But keep in mind that was almost 10 years ago and the person reporting it was in F.
Oops. Sorry, really misunderstood that.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 2:55 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Just realised Legco member for Tourism Paul Tse tabled questions about the the Chee Gor $40,000 case in Legco to the Government, and got the following replies:

http://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/2...1202150187.htm

"The matter mentioned in the question is the arrangement between the airline and individual passengers, and it is not appropriate for the Administration to follow up on the details."

http://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/2...1202220206.htm

"The services provided by airlines to passengers are based on commercial contracts entered into between the two parties, and are related to the operations of the airlines. Such matters do not necessarily have any consequential relationship with the regulatory framework of the tourism sector."

(What's the difference between local air pax and visiting tourists which the Government's proposed independent statutory regulatory body? Aren't both provided services based on "commercial contracts entered into between the two parties"? Or are tourists special?)

Also on a similar vein tho not directly referencing the Chee Gor case:

http://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/2...1105180125.htm

" There is no evidence of such problems in Hong Kong as shown by the number of complaints mentioned in part (a) [IDB/stranded on tarmac/loss of luggage/departure delay/cancellation fines complaints to Consumer Council] above. At this stage, Government does not consider it necessary to implement the relevant rules in Hong Kong."

Just a point of note - if you do have a complaint about IDB/stranded on tarmac/loss of luggage/departure delay/cancellation fines, make a separate complaint to the Consumer Council as well as the airline involved just to stop the Government from saying it doesn't happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.