Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Best credit card conversion rate to Asiamiles (HK) - 2014 and prior

Old Nov 29, 2013, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
This 2014 and prior thread is now closed. Please continue discussion here: Best Credit card conversion rate to Asiamiles (HK) - 2015
Print Wikipost

Best credit card conversion rate to Asiamiles (HK) - 2014 and prior

Old Mar 6, 2013, 10:27 pm

By the way, how long does it take to transfer DBS$ to Asia Miles? The staff says it takes 4 weeks AGAIN!
Old Mar 6, 2013, 10:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by host2087
By the way, how long does it take to transfer DBS$ to Asia Miles? The staff says it takes 4 weeks AGAIN!
Did you not read:
Originally Posted by percysmith
Every bank says 4-6 weeks. You aren't likely going to transfer your card spending to other card simply because they offer faster transfer so all banks underpromise here.
and http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17805625-post4.html ?

None of us here work at DBS. It could be anything from 2 days.....to as the bank 'promised'....4 weeks. YMMV.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 12:00 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by host2087
For DBS.....I called the hotline directly and give them my friend AM account number and full name... then the staff said I can't transfer to someone else account.
You just gave the staff the excuse s/he wants to hang up the phone. You might as well own up to not packing your own suitcase at check-in. Give them your friend's AM account number and your full name next time. Make them work.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 2:12 am
Suspended

You just gave the staff the excuse s/he wants to hang up the phone. You might as well own up to not packing your own suitcase at check-in. Give them your friend's AM account number and your full name next time. Make them work.
Fraud?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by correctioncx
Fraud?
By whom? CX for restricting where we credit our earned miles?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 3:58 am
Suspended

By whom? CX for restricting where we credit our earned miles?
You are suppose to only credit the mile to your own account and not to other people's account. This is clearly a fraud?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 4:37 am

You are suppose to only credit the mile to your own account and not to other people's account. This is clearly a fraud?
It's a fraud on me cos I have to let orphan miles expire. I am entitled to redeem the miles I've earned.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 4:54 am
Suspended

It's a fraud on me cos I have to let orphan miles expire. I am entitled to redeem the miles I've earned.
not per the T&C you signed up on.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 5:10 am

not per the T&C you signed up on.
Didn't "sign".

Didn't get to negotiate.

Will attempt to break as much as needed. Cathay can catch me if it can.

And what can Cathay/its credit card company partners do to me at most? Deny the redemption when they catch it.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by CanucksHKG
percysmith, am I doing the math right? With HSBC's new promotion....each oversea HKD $0.90 spent = 1 Asia Mile?

Sounds too good to be true
Ooo. This sounds good.

But I just charged about HK$9K today and then only registered for the 12X promo though I have already registered for the 4x year long promo. Does HSBC promo registrations kick in after 3 days or immediate ?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 5:46 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Guy Betsy - you just have to register during the promotion period for 12.5x.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 5:56 am
Suspended

Didn't "sign".

Didn't get to negotiate.

And what can Cathay/its credit card company partners do to me at most? Deny the redemption when they catch it.
U signed when u apply for AM MpO and it credit card. They can confiscate all the miles and suspense ur account. Actually I do agree with u that I should have the flex to transfer miles to whatever account I want but better not make it so public
Old Mar 7, 2013, 6:59 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Didn't "sign".

Didn't get to negotiate.

U signed when u apply for AM MpO and it credit card. They can confiscate all the miles and suspense ur account. Actually I do agree with u that I should have the flex to transfer miles to whatever account I want but better not make it so public
Ha. Don't let me find out your MPO number then. Otherwise i can credit u 100 miles from my moneyback and get all your miles confiscated.

Seriously - the receiver MPO account getting into trouble? I can imagine all the trouble that can cause with disgruntled PAs holding their boss's MPO account hostage...puts even more pressure on bosses to keep their PAs on side. Or even a disgruntled TA for the matter (don't ever bad debt a TA who has ur MPO!)
Old Mar 7, 2013, 7:31 am
Suspended

Ha. Don't let me find out your MPO number then. Otherwise i can credit u 100 miles from my moneyback and get all your miles confiscated.

Seriously - the receiver MPO account getting into trouble? I can imagine all the trouble that can cause with disgruntled PAs holding their boss's MPO account hostage...puts even more pressure on bosses to keep their PAs on side. Or even a disgruntled TA for the matter (don't ever bad debt a TA who has ur MPO!)
I think it is ur mpo account not the receiver. Because they can track ur activity. But best not to also be careful what you post here as you have made urself identifiable from your recent posts
Anyway lets move on
Old Mar 7, 2013, 7:46 am

I don't see how CX can track those credit cards I'm using to credit to others even if they know exactly who I am (if they/partners know those cards are mine they should stop the redemption). But yeah happy to move on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.