Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Best credit card conversion rate to Asiamiles (HK) - 2014 and prior

Old Nov 29, 2013, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
This 2014 and prior thread is now closed. Please continue discussion here: Best Credit card conversion rate to Asiamiles (HK) - 2015
Print Wikipost

Best credit card conversion rate to Asiamiles (HK) - 2014 and prior

Old Jul 7, 2014, 2:26 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by derek2010
wiki updated to include BEA Flyer World Master, and cards that are by Invitation only / applied in lieu with an Account
I'm putting the BEA Flyer World in the list of invite only cards, because until BEA releases Flyer World for public application in August, only pre-30 June cardholders who have applied to upgrade for this card will have access to this card.

Unless you have an existing BEA card which is pending upgrade to Flyer World, no BEA card earns miles at present.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Timothy Lin
Yes, I applied for my Prestige Card in late 2013 and got the Anantara Package in January 2014. Perhaps that's why.
Hi Timothy,

Can I check where is the location of the resort for the Anantara package? Is it in Phuket?

Thank you.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by marcusboy
Can I check where is the location of the resort for the Anantara package? Is it in Phuket?
http://www.hongkongcard.com/forum/fo...?id=10062&p=47 #470

Old Jul 7, 2014, 6:26 am

Yes, it was in Phuket

Hi Timothy,

Thank you.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 6:34 am

I got my Prestige Card last November and received the Anantara package in January. Unlike the recent DBS Black Mastercard promotion where you can select Anantara Resorts in 5 different locations. Citi's package only offered Anantara in Phuket.

Hi Timothy,

Thank you.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Timothy Lin
I got my Prestige Card last November and received the Anantara package in January. Unlike the recent DBS Black Mastercard promotion where you can select Anantara Resorts in 5 different locations. Citi's package only offered Anantara in Phuket.
Thanks Timothy for this. Once you received your package, was there a restriction as to when you can go? For example, they informing you that you can only go in certain months only? Just concerned it would be wasted if we cannot go during the restricted period.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 3:21 am

No. When I got my Anantara package, Citi CS asked me to contact Anantara Vacation Office in Hong Kong to check the hotel's availability. I just told them the dates I wish to travel and they book the hotel for me + round-trip transportation automatically.

But be careful, once I arrived in Phuket, Anantara will make you sit for an hour of presentation on their membership packages, if you don't attend, you will need to pay the full price of the hotel.

Thanks Timothy for this. Once you received your package, was there a restriction as to when you can go? For example, they informing you that you can only go in certain months only? Just concerned it would be wasted if we cannot go during the restricted period.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 7:41 am

Programs: CX Gold, QF Bronze
wiki updated for including annual fee information for credit cards
Old Jul 8, 2014, 8:48 am

wiki updated for including annual fee information for credit cards
Derek - I agree on including annual fee information for some cards, but can we agree on the following?

1. Skip all cards that can be waived for the asking - because we state the general rule here is "annual fees can be waived for the asking unless otherwise specified" - so no fubon, DBS, citi premiermiles or possibly even bea flyer world until we confirm it is not waivable.

2. Skip all cards that are not on the list, even if miles earning - i.e. Amex centurion, plat charge, plat credit, cx elite and cx green. You don't pay Amex fees to earn miles.

I agree citi prestige and perhaps even Ultima is relevant.
Is Ultima annual fee not waivable for those who can get it?

Does anyone else support two principles above on what we include for annual fees?
Old Jul 8, 2014, 9:35 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by percysmith
Derek - I agree on including annual fee information for some cards, but can we agree on the following?

1. Skip all cards that can be waived for the asking - because we state the general rule here is "annual fees can be waived for the asking unless otherwise specified" - so no fubon, DBS, citi premiermiles or possibly even bea flyer world until we confirm it is not waivable.

2. Skip all cards that are not on the list, even if miles earning - i.e. Amex centurion, plat charge, plat credit, cx elite and cx green. You don't pay Amex fees to earn miles.

I agree citi prestige and perhaps even Ultima is relevant.
Is Ultima annual fee not waivable for those who can get it?

Does anyone else support two principles above on what we include for annual fees?
noone should, in principle, use annual fees as an indicator of what asiamiles return is.

i think ANY annual fee information should be taken out. at least that is what I intended, when i start this very thread - and would still apply today.

in other words, it's OT for the purpose of this thread - derek if you want to keep the info, please backup within a day or else i'd be removing it.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 9:36 am

wiki updated.
For Citibank Ultima, when a Citigold customer qualifies for Citigold Private Client (with HK$8 Million or more at Citibank), they will be invited for Citibank Ultima card.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by kaka
noone should, in principle, use annual fees as an indicator of what asiamiles return is.

i think ANY annual fee information should be taken out. at least that is what I intended, when i start this very thread - and would still apply today.

in other words, it's OT for the purpose of this thread - derek if you want to keep the info, please backup within a day or else i'd be removing it.
annual fee section removed
Old Jul 8, 2014, 6:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B142 Safari/8536.25)

Originally Posted by kaka

annual fee section removed
Thanks for not clogging up wiki with irrelevant info.
I wouldnt mind adding a link at the bottom to link to a post in the body with such info
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:59 am

Small but unwelcome development - AIA Plat CUP can now only be applied through AIA agent (no longer available through http://www.asia.ccb.com/hongkong/per..._credit_cards/ )

Valid CCB CUP cards for CCB Summer Free promo - AIA Plat CUP, core Plat CUP, Pui Ching CUP (no need to prove you are associated with the school in any way again)
Latest update 10 Jul: found an friendly agent. She told me she gets $50 per application so she's happy to help.

But she just called me back to say CCB is no longer accepting AIA CUP applications even through agent.

And checking with CS again the CS also said no new applications thru agent or otherwise.

I also had a an application of a friend on old form get bounced.

Very bad news - one less card to play CCB Summer Free with
Old Jul 10, 2014, 7:01 pm

Programs: BA- GGL, Hyatt-GLB, Marriott- AMB
What about the CCB octopus CUP?
Won't it be part of the summer promotion?

http://www.asia.ccb.com/hongkong/per..._currency.html

Latest update 10 Jul: found an friendly agent. She told me she gets $50 per application so she's happy to help.

But she just called me back to say CCB is no longer accepting AIA CUP applications even through agent.

And checking with CS again the CS also said no new applications thru agent or otherwise.

I also had a an application of a friend on old form get bounced.

Very bad news - one less card to play CCB Summer Free with

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.