Best lounge for CX FC departure YYZ

Old Dec 23, 11, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09 View Post
We don't get that in YVR =)
Didn't you get lots of snow during X'mas / New Year time last year or the year before last? You have had some REALLY COLD winter with some unusual heavy snow in recent years. In fact our relatives in YVR said YYZ was actually warmer in those Winters.
Old Dec 23, 11, 10:18 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09 View Post
We don't get that in YVR =)
sure you do from time to time and then all the cars with bald tires get stuck at the bottom of boundry/main/fraser/nordel way etc. etc. and then the snow stays on the side street unplowed as with the unplowed main roads - even highway 99...

so yes, you do get snow and your city is incapable of dealing with it. we get the global and CTV feeds and have a good chuckle everytime it happens. when i lived there and it snowed, i just got sick all of a sudden since when it does snow, it snows like it rains...A LOT.
Old Dec 23, 11, 11:59 am

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
Hi - we arriving at T1 at 850 before taking the 1415 YYZ-HKG in 2 weeks. Even with baggage reclaim, customs and re-check (separate itins), it sounds like we will still have time to kill - any malls close to YYZ to kill time rather than T3?
Old Dec 23, 11, 12:10 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, UA 2P
I did the afternoon CX flight in F back in march with a 5hour layover. I stayed in the lounge. It officially opens around 11 iirc, but the attendant let me in at 1030 anyway. It has a good view of the runway, but that is it. Food is not much, they put out dim sum every now and then, but goes quickly, and packed food. Drinks are decent, but nothing amazing. The ba lounge opened at three, but boarding was starting so I did not go, but it looked small. Go into town, I was stir crazy after 5 hours, 10 would be too much. The YYZ terminal while nice is not all that exciting either.
Old Dec 23, 11, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by ordogg View Post
Hi - we arriving at T1 at 850 before taking the 1415 YYZ-HKG in 2 weeks. Even with baggage reclaim, customs and re-check (separate itins), it sounds like we will still have time to kill - any malls close to YYZ to kill time rather than T3?
No.
Old Dec 26, 11, 5:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, UA 2P
Originally Posted by ordogg View Post
Assume 9am you get off the plane, you probably will not be actually on that train until 9:45, and you should probably be back at the airport around 12:30, that really would not be enough time to make it worth the trip IMHO.
Old Dec 31, 11, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
Didn't you get lots of snow during X'mas / New Year time last year or the year before last? You have had some REALLY COLD winter with some unusual heavy snow in recent years. In fact our relatives in YVR said YYZ was actually warmer in those Winters.
Yes, but it's alot better this year.
Old Dec 31, 11, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by ricktoronto View Post
No.
You can probably cab to Sherway Gardens or Square One for $30 one way? and 15-30 mins ride depending on traffic........ worst case 40-60 mins if traffic is miserable (mixed with WX and accidents)

As for shopping/strolling the PATH network, make sure you dont end up sweating...or have spare clothes to change/shower @ the lounge......
Old Jan 1, 12, 11:56 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller View Post
You can probably cab to Sherway Gardens or Square One for $30 one way? and 15-30 mins ride depending on traffic........ worst case 40-60 mins if traffic is miserable (mixed with WX and accidents)

As for shopping/strolling the PATH network, make sure you dont end up sweating...or have spare clothes to change/shower @ the lounge......
The guy has less than 4 hours if that (9 am to check-in by 1230 is a whole 3 1/2 hours) and in bad traffic or weather taking a cab to that mall and using 2 hours of it reasonably qualifies as "no" being a safe answer.

And scooting around Sherway with your luggage would be such a treat. Or any mall for that matter. You can't leave it laying around YYZ and I doubt you can check in for the 215 at 9 in the morning. I don't know as I always take the 140 am flight.

The PATH is a worse idea due to the cost, distance and general uselessness of most of it to a couple with suitcases.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: