Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Anything special spending new years in CX F?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2011, 9:38 am
formerly gohima
Original Poster

I'm on CX 883 LAX-HKG. It leaves on the 30th and arrives in HKG on the first. Is it business as usual or do they do a special something usually?
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:28 am

I expect it to be business as usual. When I flew on christmas, nothing special except that the cabin crew wore some christmas hats and such. Cheers
Old Dec 11, 2011, 11:32 am

Programs: CX MarcoPolo (SL), BA Executive Club (GO)
Perhaps the crew will offer some champagne at midnight in the middle of the flight at midnight where the plane is... but maybe everyone will be sleeping...
Old Dec 11, 2011, 2:42 pm

Programs: CX Diamond / Hyatt Courtesy C./ Hertz
I'll be on a LHR-HKG on 31st and dont expect anything special. And I actually chose to fly on New Year because even on the ground I hardly find anything special and fun to do on that night....
Old Dec 11, 2011, 6:21 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
I was on CX888 in F 3 years ago on 01JAN (HKG dep.) / 31DEC (YVR dep.). Nothing special, except "happy new year" announcement from the captain.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 7:34 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, HH Diamond, A-Club Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Shangri-la Jade, Intercon Gold Ambassador
I would not expect to see fireworks (even in F)...
Old Dec 11, 2011, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by ACORD
I would not expect to see fireworks (even in F)...
I suppose you could ask them to set some nice mood lighting for you - closest thing you'll get to fireworks
Old Dec 11, 2011, 9:18 pm

Programs: Marco Polo
Now that would be cool, in CX F nonetheless, but me I'm spending NYE and NY at home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.