Wheelchair/walking frame as check-in

Old Oct 31, 2011, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UAL SPG Hyatt
Wheelchair/walking frame as check-in

Flying to asia shortly on CX and have to bring a walking frame with me. Bringing it along for a family member who needs a specific model which is hard to find in asia. I plan to check it in as baggage.

Looking on the cathay website, I know that if the mobility aid is for my own use, it will not count as 1 of the pieces of my baggage allowance. My question is how is this enforced? Do all wheelchairs / walking frames / crutches just get checked in for free or do they specifically ask?

I know it is a little disingenuous for me to claim I need it for myself but I was hoping that it would not count as 1 of the pieces of my baggage allowance.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 7:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
i've never thought about this but heck i do not think they should ask if this is actually for YOUR own use.... maybe call CX anonomously and ask if you can send a walking frame free of the luggage allowance?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.