Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Marco Polo Club
Reload this Page >

Only 2 biz award seats released for HKG-JFK

Old Jul 15, 11, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

I am trying to book 3 biz award seats from HKG to JFK for summer 2012, with AA miles. But it seems like regardless of what day I pick there are only 2 award seats available.

Do I need to wait till I am much closer to the trip to see more seats open up or am I stuck? Thanks.
Old Jul 15, 11, 2:36 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by jamesfl View Post
I am trying to book 3 biz award seats from HKG to JFK for summer 2012, with AA miles. But it seems like regardless of what day I pick there are only 2 award seats available.

Do I need to wait till I am much closer to the trip to see more seats open up or am I stuck? Thanks.
i booked 2 J and 1 F when i was looking and will keep looking for another J. you could also book 2 J and 1 Y since they are showing usually 5Y on each flight.
Old Jul 15, 11, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, I have enough miles for 1 F ticket so I think that is the approach I will take, booking 2 J and 1F.
Old Jul 15, 11, 6:39 pm

This is normal... when searching for 4 award seats months ahead of departure all I could ever find was 2 biz and 2 first on any one flight. So that is what I booked. Let the family fighting for first begin.

As you get closer to departure date CX will likely release more J seats. This has happened for the flight I am on in a couple of weeks -- but I have no desire to down grade now! With only 6 first seats the chances of more F getting released are slimmer -- highly dependent on how many revenue passengers book, but it does happen. Use expertflyer to research flights in the next couple of weeks to determine which days of the week are likely to go out without biz being full -- for example, business travelers returning to HKG after a week in NYC will fill up friday night flights. Biz travelers that need to be in HKG monday will fill up sunday flights, etc.

DAK
Old Jul 15, 11, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PlatLife, BA-Gold, SPG-LTP, HL-DIA

Though you're not in F, this thread on the AA forum would pertain to you.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ilability.html

Please continue your discussion there as your redemption is about using AA miles and not CX Asia Miles. CX members can waitlist on CX flights. So if say a CX member waitlists on your particular flight that you're waiting for the seat to open up and CX inventory control opens up more award seats... that seat will go to the CX member.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: