Intra-Asia F routes

Old Mar 23, 2012, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by travelkid
Thanks. Any luck on India or MNL flights?

Im also scheduled on Dragonair F PVG-HKG. Would that be proper F?
MNL and HND got daily F-class services for sure.
for Dragonair PVG--HKG, most likely it is proper F, around 50% of chance if the operating fleet is A330
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: CX Diamond (OW Emerald), former SQ Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by travelkid
Thanks. Any luck on India or MNL flights?
DEL has no F, and this winter BOM was operated by 74A, so it had F. However, with the upcoming summer schedule change, effective 25/26MAR, there is no more F to/from BOM.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by B-HXG
MNL and HND got daily F-class services for sure.
for Dragonair PVG--HKG, most likely it is proper F, around 50% of chance if the operating fleet is A330
Depends on what "proper F" means. There is only one type of F on Dragonair, and there is no serious comparison with CX F, which is a far better seat.

If you're talking about soft product - then argue away
Old Mar 23, 2012, 7:03 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by midlevels
Depends on what "proper F" means. There is only one type of F on Dragonair, and there is no serious comparison with CX F, which is a far better seat.

If you're talking about soft product - then argue away
Sometimes KA sells F and the first half of J as "J," and use the second half of J as "Y."
Old Jun 4, 2013, 12:45 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
How about CGK, is it getting F class lately?

I am checking for JULY and all the flights have only J+Y!!!!
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:06 am

deleted reply - wrong info
Old Aug 28, 2013, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
CX615 offering F HKG-BKK in Dec

Hi all, was delighted to see on a random browse of ExpertFlyer that there was an aircraft change from 333 to 77W on my AA F award HKG-BKK. Better, QF website confirmed there was F award availability.

Rebooking in into the F cabin was a breeze by the AAngel, but I'm intrigued that F seems to be very uncommon HKG-BKK.

A dummy booking shows CX is selling F, so I presume This will be a standard Intra-Asia F experience. Any comment or observations on this? I'm quite chuffed, but can't help feeling somewhat cautious things will change!

Cheers TK
Old Aug 28, 2013, 4:21 am

I had a JFK-BKK award for December with a long connection in HKG so kept an eye on the earlier flight to open up. About a week ago not only did space open on the morning CX flght but like you said it was a plane swap and had F availbility so I switched to it. Hopefully it won't change again. Usually it's the other way around book F and it goes away as planes swap to one without F cabin.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
A dummy booking shows CX is selling F, so I presume This will be a standard Intra-Asia F experience. Any comment or observations on this? I'm quite chuffed, but can't help feeling somewhat cautious things will change!
Yes, it will be a standard F experience. Assuming that they don't change the aircraft again, which is entirely possible.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by midlevels
Yes, it will be a standard F experience. Assuming that they don't change the aircraft again, which is entirely possible.
I guess in the very worst case my F ticket will allow me into the F lounge, even if the aircraft changes back to J+Y two class cabin.....or will it?!
Old Aug 29, 2013, 12:52 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
I guess in the very worst case my F ticket will allow me into the F lounge, even if the aircraft changes back to J+Y two class cabin.....or will it?!
I'm not 100% sure, but from reading on here it sounds like a virtual lock if you're coming in on an F flight where only J is offered on the next flight. But if you are originating HKG and had a F award or something but got downgraded due to aircraft swap, I suspect if you have enough paperwork there with you they'll just let you in regardless heaps of people here have asked something similar so maybe they'll chime in or you can search.

As for your flight, BKK is not "very uncommon" to have F. A more precise way of putting it would be say to say F is very unpredictable to/from BKK, particularly compared to LH destinations where you can be assured of F. About the only regional destinations CX seems dedicated to serving consistently with paid F are Japan routes, and I suspect that's because it's probably the only regional destination with consistent paid (cash) demand for F tix with HKG as beginning/end of the journey. It seems from reading on here most F pax to/from DPS/BKK/MNL etc are transiting HKIA and/or on awards. which tells me that's probably low revenue (from CX's point of view) utilization of the F cabin. So CX basically treats those routes as the first to play ring-around-the-rosie with aircraft type whenever needs arise. But indeed CX does regularly put F cabins (sometimes as 2-class, others as 3) on BKK/TPE/MNL/SGN routes and you can get those seats with strategizing and a bit of luck.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 2:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by QRC3288
I'm not 100% sure, but from reading on here it sounds like a virtual lock if you're coming in on an F flight where only J is offered on the next flight. But if you are originating HKG and had a F award or something but got downgraded due to aircraft swap, I suspect if you have enough paperwork there with you they'll just let you in regardless heaps of people here have asked something similar so maybe they'll chime in or you can search.

As for your flight, BKK is not "very uncommon" to have F. A more precise way of putting it would be say to say F is very unpredictable to/from BKK, particularly compared to LH destinations where you can be assured of F. About the only regional destinations CX seems dedicated to serving consistently with paid F are Japan routes, and I suspect that's because it's probably the only regional destination with consistent paid (cash) demand for F tix with HKG as beginning/end of the journey. It seems from reading on here most F pax to/from DPS/BKK/MNL etc are transiting HKIA and/or on awards. which tells me that's probably low revenue (from CX's point of view) utilization of the F cabin. So CX basically treats those routes as the first to play ring-around-the-rosie with aircraft type whenever needs arise. But indeed CX does regularly put F cabins (sometimes as 2-class, others as 3) on BKK/TPE/MNL/SGN routes and you can get those seats with strategizing and a bit of luck.
Cheers, I think luck has been the predominant factor in scoring F HKG-BKK!

Tried booking an AA F award, mainly to try QF F SYD-HKG. Planned route was WLG (QF J) - SYD (QF F) - HKG (CX F) - SIN (CX J) - BKK. However AA said sectors HKG-SIN-BKK were somehow regional 'backtracking' even though within MPM+25%, so went with the HKG-BKK on CX J (no F offered on any flight. Oh, forced overnight in HKG between QF 127 arrival 17:30 hrs and departure CX615 at 10:00 next day. But I have a TG hotel award, so covered.

So very pleased to see and equipment change from 333 to 77W, and then with an F award available.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 5:21 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
So very pleased to see and equipment change from 333 to 77W, and then with an F award available.
hopefully it works out
Old Aug 30, 2013, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by QRC3288
hopefully it works out
I'll be sure to report back.....
Old Oct 10, 2013, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Thumbs down

Cheers, I think luck has been the predominant factor in scoring F HKG-BKK!

CX615 at 10:00 next day. But I have a TG hotel award, so covered.

I booked an F award on this same flight number for early Dec. also. Have been saddened to see it go from a 747 to a 777 and now 333 - All J seats!
Que Bueno

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.