Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
Interlining baggage - F to D

Hi all,

Just looking to get a bit of advice.

I'm looking to interline baggage from an award flight to a booked flight:

CX 529 HND 1625 HKG 2005 CX F, points
Next day, CX 171 HKG 1455 PER 2235 CX D, paid booking

The baggage limit is 40kg for the first flight and 30kg for the next (business)

Will they let me interline 40kg onto the hkg-per flight? After reading through the new IATA rules, it seems they do not apply for only one carrier. However, my two flights are on different PNRs, being award and paid ...

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 22, 2011, 5:47 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Even if it was interlining, the IATA MSC rule would make HKG-PER the baggage allowance, so wouldn't help you. I'm pretty sure CX uses the allowance for your highest leg for all legs, so you'd be fine. Esp. in Japan where they treat F check-in well, doubt you'd have a problem. There won't be an ADCOL in HKG, so you'll know in HND if they want excess baggage fees, but I've found CX to be generous with F weights.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:25 am

If you are on one ticket the highest baggage limit applies for all flights on the ticket.
If you are on different tickets then in theory you will have different limits. In reality i had never a problem using the limit for the first flight when checking thru.
I had problems in the past when flying on different tickets/PNRs, different airlines and he limit of the first flight was lower than on the later flights.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.