Search

DEL-BKK-HGK

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2011, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP IC AMBASSADOR/DIAMOND Tk/ELITE (*G), JumeirahONE Gold
DEL-BKK-HGK

Hi Folks,

I am flying tonight (well technically tomorrow as the flight leaves at 3am) from Delhi in the milk run to Hong Kong in J. I was wondering if anyone has done this route and what I should expect (amenity kits, meals). I think the J will be the old 1-1-1 long haul J configuration (the controversial J seat) but I am happy with that.

Thanks
Old May 23, 2011, 11:15 am
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
I took this route a couple years back in J from DEL-BKK. Don't expect much from this routing. There was no amenity kit. As far as the meal, you had the option to have it straightaway after takeoff or an hour and a half prior to landing. I slept most of the way.

I think they may have changed the seating to the current J. I've taken CX 708 onwards to HKG from BKK and have noticed the current product. So, if you're lucky, you might get some good sleep.
Old May 23, 2011, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by gemini573
I think they may have changed the seating to the current J. I've taken CX 708 onwards to HKG from BKK and have noticed the current product. So, if you're lucky, you might get some good sleep.
Correct, but not the new new J (i.e. Cirrus). All DEL flights operate with Olympus, as per OP's stated understanding.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP IC AMBASSADOR/DIAMOND Tk/ELITE (*G), JumeirahONE Gold
Hi

I arrived early to the airport and they offered to changed me to the direct flight which I happily accepted.

There was a supper service, amenity kits and blanket/duvet. Catering was very weak but service was excellent.

Thanks guys for the feedback
Old Jan 25, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
On 708 in about a month. Shows as a 333 as of now. Looks like a regional set up. Anyone take this one to bkk or hkg recently? Would love some sleep in at least the olympus, but don't think it will happen.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 9:34 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I was looking at YVR-DEL-YVR in Feb and was surprised that DEL-BKK-HKG and DEL-HKG had a range of equipment over the week I was looking at going, with the regional layout appearing about 1/2 the time. I'm going BA thru LHR, I'd love to get the new CX seat on YVR-HKG, but having to endure a night of sleep on the regional seat is too much to bear.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 7:49 pm

Programs: Thai, Cathay, Lufthansa, Delta, SPG, Hilton, IH, LHW
HKG-BKK

HKG-BKK and on to South Asia is the poor parent of CX. They most of the time offer the older configuration of plans...and when I mean old, I mean old. But we have to agree that the HKG-BKK is also seriously cheap, in Y and J...and with a very high chance of upgrade from Y to J.

You've actually got what you are paying for...even if I'm the first to wish for newer settings on this route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.