Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX 845 JFK-HKG Impressions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by wireless_999
It's a late flight so I ate dinner and watch 1 movie.
Is it a regular full dinner service, or somehow abbreviated?

VF
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by little bunny
I've never flown CX but am usually the last passenger to board. Either I'm simply running late (95% of time) or shopping/lounging/watching people board until the last minute. Why would people want to board ahead of everyone else? For pre-flight drinks?
Um - Krug!!!
Old Apr 22, 2011, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage PltPro, AMEX Platinum
Yes full dinner service in F

however as you already know in F you can dine whenever you want.
Old May 10, 2011, 6:19 pm

op thanks for sharing ur boarding experiance!
Old May 10, 2011, 7:45 pm

Will try the 1:20 a.m. flight myself soon, hopefully it's a good one, I really need to fall asleep as soon as I can on those pesty Y seats (if no op-up) or else it's going to be a long and painful ride....
Old May 11, 2011, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
On this flight tonight. Am planning to have dinner in the city (actually, Saraghina in Brooklyn; one of my favorites!), head back to my apt. for a pre-flight shower, then catch a cab to JFK around 11pm. I am then planning to go to sleep as soon as I can after takeoff. Will report back.

Two questions:

1. Is the BA F security lane open for this flight? (Or are the security lines so short at this time that it doesn't really matter?)

2. Is the BA F lounge open until departure time?
Old May 11, 2011, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Blumie
On this flight tonight. Am planning to have dinner in the city (actually, Saraghina in Brooklyn; one of my favorites!), head back to my apt. for a pre-flight shower, then catch a cab to JFK around 11pm. I am then planning to go to sleep as soon as I can after takeoff. Will report back.

Two questions:

1. Is the BA F security lane open for this flight? (Or are the security lines so short at this time that it doesn't really matter?)

2. Is the BA F lounge open until departure time?
Back in April the BA F line was closed and we had to use the line for everybody, and they were forcing everybody to do a full body scan so maybe that was why?

Not sure about Q2 as it's the first time I take this flight myself.
Old May 18, 2011, 2:30 am

Is there a shower in BA Lounge I can use? Most likely I'll have to check out at 12Noon from my hotel and will head to JFK around 1030PM after a show. I am sure I'll need a shower before going to the plane.
Old May 18, 2011, 7:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Fairmont PC Plat
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
Is there a shower in BA Lounge I can use? Most likely I'll have to check out at 12Noon from my hotel and will head to JFK around 1030PM after a show. I am sure I'll need a shower before going to the plane.
Yes, there are showers in the Galleries lounge (J section). I will be using one myself tomorrow, as I too will be going straight from work to JFK.
Old May 18, 2011, 8:24 am

Programs: AA, SPG
F menus

Hi, any updated F menus from this flight, will be taking it early next week.

Thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2012, 9:34 pm

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
F doesn't board first?

I'm really shocked to hear that CX doesn't board First Class first. Is this still SOP out of JFK and KHG? Thanks for any updates!
Old Feb 5, 2012, 9:47 pm

Programs: CX DM, SG Krisfl, MH Enrich, Hyatt GP Diam, Priority Club Plat, Marriott SL, HHonors, SPG, AClub
Originally Posted by phlashba
I'm really shocked to hear that CX doesn't board First Class first. Is this still SOP out of JFK and KHG? Thanks for any updates!
Has been discussed a couple times: In HKG more likely that they pull out F and DM to an extra line to let them board first. But outside of HKG it's not common. Don't think that there's any SOP about that. But does it really matter for F with plenty of storage space?
Old Feb 5, 2012, 10:03 pm

Thanks for the reply. It matters to me because I really hate the claustrophobic bottlenecks on the jetway --- so I guess if I am not at the front of the line, I will just hang back and board last ( as I don't drink I won't be missing out on the early Krug!)
Old Feb 6, 2012, 12:04 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by phlashba
Thanks for the reply. It matters to me because I really hate the claustrophobic bottlenecks on the jetway --- so I guess if I am not at the front of the line, I will just hang back and board last ( as I don't drink I won't be missing out on the early Krug!)
Well F gets called at the same time as J, MPC and OW elites, so I doubt there would be much of a crowd in the jetway. Figure 6 F pax, 55 J pax, and say 30 MPC/OW elites in Y. Plus, not all will be boarding when they first call priority boarding.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by jumbojet19920711
Well F gets called at the same time as J, MPC and OW elites, so I doubt there would be much of a crowd in the jetway. Figure 6 F pax, 55 J pax, and say 30 MPC/OW elites in Y. Plus, not all will be boarding when they first call priority boarding.
Thanks. I understand from the sticky that BKK uses dual jet bridges so that's good. Not sure why HKG is not included in the sticky (am I missing something obvious) but hopefully they do the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.