FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Does CX Offer Fast Track Arrival at Bangkok? C/J (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1184187-does-cx-offer-fast-track-arrival-bangkok-c-j.html)

ricktoronto Feb 14, 2011 9:24 pm

Does CX Offer Fast Track Arrival at Bangkok? C/J

I read an older announcement / news release from CX they did and some people say they don't, hard to tell. In J from HKG.

Arrival 1035 is BKK that busy on arrival? Depart 1100 ditto question.

Maybe it is not an issue away from peak times.

zhaobao Feb 14, 2011 9:28 pm

You would receive invitation to fast track on flight and also at check-in in BKK if you are flying F/J.

Jane's Addiction Feb 14, 2011 9:31 pm

They did on my last trip to BKK, about 4 months ago.

Sam7 Feb 14, 2011 10:37 pm

Yes, they did hand it out to J pax. I flew with them last week.

ricktoronto Feb 15, 2011 4:47 am

Thank you all for the information. I am flying J both to and from HKG and this spares me the need to pay for a Meet and Greet service at BKK as essentially that is about all they do other than walk with you.

Sam at check in at BKK they offered the same for departure?

Regardless of the fast track is 1035 arrival / 1100 departure in April that busy?

Sam7 Feb 15, 2011 4:55 am

Yes, they also give you the fast track voucher when you check in at Bkk.

The airport can be very busy in April especially during Songkran festival, 13th-16th +_ 7 days. It could start earlier than that as well.

ricktoronto Apr 4, 2011 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Sam7 (Post 15866845)
Yes, they also give you the fast track voucher when you check in at Bkk.

The airport can be very busy in April especially during Songkran festival, 13th-16th +_ 7 days. It could start earlier than that as well.

Did fast track cards help at both arrival and departure? I think these paid services offer not much else than a companion if the card CX gives and the service offered from the pay for companies uses the same lanes in and out.

Note I got email today from CX customer service I think in Bangkok (it was a Thai name responding) advising that all J and F at check-in get fast track cards and on arrival onboard the aircraft J and F do as well.

Sam7 Apr 4, 2011 12:57 pm

ricktoronto Good question and my honest reply to that is I don't know. You are right that the lane can be very busy as it's a paid service and I've seen it available for sale now through some travel agencies. Not a good sign,right?

The advise from people in Bangkok office sounds right.

* Upon arrival and departure, you should check at the monitor when you are about to enter an immigration hall as there is another one which people don't seem to use. Enjoy :)

ricktoronto Apr 19, 2011 12:57 am

Originally Posted by Sam7 (Post 16158529)
ricktoronto Good question and my honest reply to that is I don't know. You are right that the lane can be very busy as it's a paid service and I've seen it available for sale now through some travel agencies. Not a good sign,right?

The advise from people in Bangkok office sounds right.

* Upon arrival and departure, you should check at the monitor when you are about to enter an immigration hall as there is another one which people don't seem to use. Enjoy :)

Well on arrival I was the first and really only Fast Track person and there were a few lanes open, one labelled VIP and Diplomat, no idea what would define a VIP. It did not seem that there was a big crowd at the regular lanes, it is not easy to see but it did not seem like many.

The Visa on Demand line looked like someone was throwing money into a crazed crowd, this huge disparate group at the entrance doing who knows what.

Several of the online pay fast track services were at the gate meeting people who paid and were not in J (or if they were in J wasted $50).

Luggage handling killed the time advantage, as the Priority Handling tag appeared to mean "sent out last after cardboard boxes, live lobsters and golf clubs". It took over 30 minutes and the first many many bags were definitely not Priority Handling.

As to the other entrance I think what they have is the main one to the left as you head towards the exit/immigration, then past that is CIP Fast Track/VIP, and I do believe after THAT there is another immigration checkpoint that is used less because people see the first one and all go there - is that what you meant?

phlashba Feb 26, 2012 8:02 am

Update -- still available?

Since the last post to this thread is 10 months old I wanted to ask for an update from anyone who has used Fast Track immigration at BKK recently. Is it still available to F/J pax?

maisondubonheur Feb 26, 2012 8:24 am

If flying J, you receive a fast track card. Bangkok queues at departure and arrival have gone out of end the last few weeks/months...I even ended waiting 20 minutes in queue on arrival in the fast trak area...you don't want to think what is going in the general queue...

And it's the same issue on departure...

phlashba Feb 26, 2012 9:40 am

Originally Posted by maisondubonheur (Post 18084304)
If flying J, you receive a fast track card. Bangkok queues at departure and arrival have gone out of end the last few weeks/months...I even ended waiting 20 minutes in queue on arrival in the fast trak area...you don't want to think what is going in the general queue...

And it's the same issue on departure...

I'll be in F so I guess I am covered but it is bad news that there are backups even at the fast channels. I am going to be recovering form a surgery and trying to stay off my feet as much as possible (walking short distances will be OK). If it was quick I could probably manage it. I hate to ask for a wheelchair but maybe it would be best. Any further advice?
For the record I will be arriving from HKG on CX701 at 5:30pm -- maybe that helps?

lingua101 Feb 26, 2012 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by ricktoronto (Post 16158351)
Did fast track cards help at both arrival and departure? I think these paid services offer not much else than a companion if the card CX gives and the service offered from the pay for companies uses the same lanes in and out.

Note I got email today from CX customer service I think in Bangkok (it was a Thai name responding) advising that all J and F at check-in get fast track cards and on arrival onboard the aircraft J and F do as well.

Yes it definitly help. I was arriving around 315pm last Sat, the normal queue is crazy, the whole hall is packed with people. I do not think you can clear the immigration for less than 1 hour.

The Priority Lane also many people. But for sure less crowded. Clear it within 10min.

Normally the pass is given when check in (from SIN) or distributed on board (fom HKG). If both not happen, just ask. I did last Sat as neither was done.

Jabarie MacQuarrie Feb 27, 2012 12:19 am

Arrived on CX701 last Friday and only had to wait behind one other person at priority immigration.

hclee01 Apr 14, 2012 12:15 am

I will be flying in J from SIN to BKK next week. Just checking if CX still offers the Fast Track Pass for immigration clearance in BKK? Thanks!