Search

FRA Arrivals Lounge Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2011, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
FRA Arrivals Lounge Questions

Hello everyone,

next week I'll be flying CX for the first time, and I'm booked in Business on HKG-FRA (CX289). From the website I can see that CX offers lounge access to arriving J pax:

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_...e?cityCode=FRA

Some questions for anyone that has used the lounge before:

1. Some old threads I found on the search suggest that the arrivals lounge is actually the regular departures lounge airside? Is that correct?

2. If it is, am I right in thinking that I would probably have to re-clear transfer security in order to access it?

3. Is there much of a wait for a shower (my main reason for wanting to use the lounge)?

4. If I end up checking luggage (still undecided, but likely), does using the lounge complicate the pickup?

Thanks for your help!
Old Jan 12, 2011, 2:42 pm
JRK

Programs: CX DM, *G (ASIANA); GS DM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by D-AIHZ
1. Some old threads I found on the search suggest that the arrivals lounge is actually the regular departures lounge airside? Is that correct?
That is correct, no separate arrivals lounge in FRA

2. If it is, am I right in thinking that I would probably have to re-clear transfer security in order to access it?
No need to re-clear security, usually CX gets a gate right next to the lounge so it is easy to access. In FRA the security check is only when you enter the gate waiting area.

3. Is there much of a wait for a shower (my main reason for wanting to use the lounge)?
If I remember correctly, they have 4 showers, so it helps to be among the first to be of the plane.

4. If I end up checking luggage (still undecided, but likely), does using the lounge complicate the pickup?
Last time, when I finished my shower and went down to the baggage claim area, they had just moved my luggage from the belt and it was sitting next to it (with a few other lonely suitcases) - no trouble at all.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Thank you for that info - I knew somebody here would have done it before! ^^
Old Jan 21, 2011, 5:47 am
Original Poster

Just wanted to report back on my experience this morning. Nearly everything was exactly as JRK described, except that there are only 3 showers, not 4. Otherwise, his advice was right on the money. ^^

I was very impressed with CX by the way, and I hope to get a chance to fly them a lot more in the future!
Old Apr 12, 2015, 4:51 am

Programs: QF WP, VA
I'll be transiting thru FRA enroute to BER (with AB).

I'd take it I'll be able to gain access on arrival and remain until my next flight with AB leaves?

Arriving in FRA on J and departing on AB on Y.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 6:41 am
JRK

Programs: CX DM, *G (ASIANA); GS DM, Hilton Gold
CX - AB

Originally Posted by Texter
I'll be transiting thru FRA enroute to BER (with AB).

I'd take it I'll be able to gain access on arrival and remain until my next flight with AB leaves?

Arriving in FRA on J and departing on AB on Y.
I would think so. Arrivals lounge accessible for J pax regardless of onward travel. Just not sure which gate AB would depart from. I would assume you need to reserve quite some time after the shower to clear immigration and make it over to the Shengen gates for AB.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 3:38 am

Programs: QF WP, VA
Originally Posted by JRK
I would think so. Arrivals lounge accessible for J pax regardless of onward travel. Just not sure which gate AB would depart from. I would assume you need to reserve quite some time after the shower to clear immigration and make it over to the Shengen gates for AB.
Thanks.

Still getting my head around the Schengen thing - Does this mean the CX Lounge is on the non-Schengen side which means I cannot stay in the lounge until my AB flight is ready for boarding?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.