Wiki Posts
Search

DPS transfer

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2010, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
DPS transfer

I'll be flying HKG-DPS-JOG next month and have a 4 hour layover, what is there to do @ DPS for that long?
(I know it is not really CX specific but a classical CX route)
Old Sep 30, 2010, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by david-alexis
I'll be flying HKG-DPS-JOG next month and have a 4 hour layover, what is there to do @ DPS for that long?
(I know it is not really CX specific but a classical CX route)
Do you like Bintang? Maybe you should just drink at the airport.

There really isn't much else to do. Allow an hour to clear immigration, now you are down to 3 hours. You could grab a cab for a 20 minute ride to Kuta and hit the beach, I suppose, but probably for no more than one hour before wanting to head back. If I were you, I'd extend the layover to 6 hours, or simply suck it up at the airport.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:41 pm

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
I would not recommend leaving the airport to other places in Bali, considering the horrendous traffic downtown and around DPS. 4 hours would be very tight for a stroll downtown.

Are you a HSBC Premier cardholder? You can access the domestic lounge at DPS when flying any airline.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by toyotaboy95
I would not recommend leaving the airport to other places in Bali, considering the horrendous traffic downtown and around DPS. 4 hours would be very tight for a stroll downtown.

Are you a HSBC Premier cardholder? You can access the domestic lounge at DPS when flying any airline.
Unfortunatly not a HSBC customer, I will be flying F/C from YYZ-HKG-DPS on CX but then coach on garuda so no lounge access...
I guess I'll just stay in the airport and wait it out, thanks.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MR PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by david-alexis
Unfortunatly not a HSBC customer, I will be flying F/C from YYZ-HKG-DPS on CX but then coach on garuda so no lounge access...
I guess I'll just stay in the airport and wait it out, thanks.
As someone else suggested you could try to head into Kuta. Traffic can be really bad, but, if you haven't been before and you think you can swing it with the time, I would rec just grabbing a bintang (if you drink), check out the beach (hopefully there will be some surfing going on), and check out a couple streets in town.

If you can push your garuda flight back to give you some more time, I would def suggest checking it out. (I always enjoy getting to see even just a few hours of a new place when I get the chance)
Old Oct 1, 2010, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LonePine10
As someone else suggested you could try to head into Kuta. Traffic can be really bad, but, if you haven't been before and you think you can swing it with the time, I would rec just grabbing a bintang (if you drink), check out the beach (hopefully there will be some surfing going on), and check out a couple streets in town.

If you can push your garuda flight back to give you some more time, I would def suggest checking it out. (I always enjoy getting to see even just a few hours of a new place when I get the chance)
Thanks for the recomendation, unfortunatly there is only 2 daily DPS-JOG one at 7 am the other around 8pm...So I am guessing after 20h of flying I will probably spend the 3 hours (after 1h t go through immigration) at the airport. Anyway I will have 10 days to enjoy and visit...
Thanks fo rthe comments.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 11:37 pm
Mul

If you have Citibank Credit card, gold or above, you maybe able to use lounge by paying. Not sure whats the rate, probably around 50k Rp.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I'm flying F/J YYZ-HKG-DPS on CX arriving at 14:50 connecting to Air Asia to DRW at 23:50. Will I be able to spend the time in the DPS lounge? Do i ask for invite during my HKG layover?
Old Jan 1, 2011, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CDKing
I'm flying F/J YYZ-HKG-DPS on CX arriving at 14:50 connecting to Air Asia to DRW at 23:50. Will I be able to spend the time in the DPS lounge? Do i ask for invite during my HKG layover?
Why would CX pay for your lounge access when you are departing on AK in DPS?
Old Jan 1, 2011, 9:34 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
No CX lounge access if departing on another airline, however several of the DPS lounges will let anyone in for USD 15. Alternatively you can get a massage or a meal instead of visiting the lounge, probably a better use of the money (the lounges are not that nice).
Old Jan 1, 2011, 9:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
DPS has a bunch of lounges in Priority Pass, some of which offer foot reflexology for payment.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by number_6
No CX lounge access if departing on another airline.
Ok got it, so i cant use it as a CX arrivals lounge. I will take the other advice to try to keep me occupied. I know its long enough to leave the airport but I will be exhausted. I can save my tourist duties for my 2 day stop over on the way home.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by TerryK
Why would CX pay for your lounge access when you are departing on AK in DPS?
For you, I'd suggest booking yourself at a restaurant somewhere in Bali and have a nice meal, massage, chill .. before your flight.

From F/J to coach on Air Asia? You might need 2 massages after your flight then !
Old Jan 2, 2011, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
From F/J to coach on Air Asia? You might need 2 massages after your flight then !
Its going to be culture shock. Going from International ultra long haul F to Y on a ULCC.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 3:29 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CDKing
Its going to be culture shock. Going from International ultra long haul F to Y on a ULCC.
AirAsia isn't as bad as Ryanair

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.