Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Marco Polo Club
Reload this Page >

Can OW (not CX) F Passengers Access the Arrivals Lounge in HKG?

Old Sep 11, 10, 8:10 am
Original Poster

The rules say access is for "First Class Passengers" and "OW Emeralds" but do not specifically say OW First Class Passengers (who are eligible for departure lounge access). I'm arriving on QF F from SYD at 6:00 am and would dearly love a shower and change before heading into Central (where my hotel room won't be ready).
Old Sep 11, 10, 8:34 am
Moderator: Cathay Pacific Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
The Arrival is only for passengers arriving on CX or KA flights.
Old Sep 11, 10, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I guess I'll have to find a plan B.
Old Sep 11, 10, 9:06 am

Programs: QF Platinum & Lifetime Gold
Yes, as a CX First Class passenger you are issued with an Invitation to visit The Arrival. You definitely won't be allowed in coming off QF.

I suggest you have a look at the Hong Kong International Airport website - they are sure to have showers somewhere.

I also recall that you are able to buy a pass to visit the gym at the Regal Airport Hotel (attached to terminal). This venue is bound to have showers, but I would check with the Regal first.
Old Sep 12, 10, 2:21 am

Programs: VS/BA/CX/EK
You can pay to use the Plaza Premium arrivals lounge which is close to the CX Arrivals lounge. More info here.

BC
Old Mar 23, 11, 6:15 pm

Programs: QF SG
Just to clarify, can a OWE travelling in CX Y get access to the arrivals lounge?
Old Mar 23, 11, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by bacook View Post
Just to clarify, can a OWE travelling in CX Y get access to the arrivals lounge?
Yes
Old Mar 24, 11, 12:37 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by jrussell View Post
... I'm arriving on QF F from SYD at 6:00 am and would dearly love a shower and change before heading into Central (where my hotel room won't be ready).
Often HKG hotels are quite adept at having a room available even at 6 am, and a few have an "arrivals lounge" service of their own. So, not a given that your room won't be ready, though it does vary by date and hotel/room category. I've always been accommodated upon arrival, these are some of the finest hotels in the world (if you pay enough).
Old Mar 24, 11, 12:41 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by number_6 View Post
Often HKG hotels are quite adept at having a room available even at 6 am, and a few have an "arrivals lounge" service of their own. So, not a given that your room won't be ready, though it does vary by date and hotel/room category. I've always been accommodated upon arrival, these are some of the finest hotels in the world (if you pay enough).
I suspect the OP has already flown through, I think he posted that 6 months ago

Search this Thread
Search Engine: