Bump concerns and protection

Old Jun 20, 2010, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTS
Bump concerns and protection

Not sure if I'm getting over anxious, however:

Myself, Mrs Asiaflyer & Asiaflyer Jnr are flying Syd-HkG this Thursday in business. I am on a purchased D class fare, Mrs Asiaflyer & Jnr are on a redemption ticket via QF. Due to those arrangements they are seperate tickets, though I have contacted CX and they have noted that we are travelling together.

I have now seen that all CX flights SYD-HKG are booked out in all classes (J & Y) for Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday....so am getting a little anxious. Given this is the first trip with Asiaflyer Jnr (Mrs Asiaflyer is understandably nervous), and we are on seperate tickets, some or all of us being bumped would be a disastrous. Given one ticket is a redemption, I'm not too sure if that puts us up the list of possible bump targets.

So, the questions. Am I just being overanxious? Is there anything I can do to reduce the risk of being bumped?

Re the later, I'll try to online check in as early as possible, however I suspect I'll have a problem with Mrs Asiaflyer as it is a QF issued ticket # which I think is difficult to access on the CX website. Additionally she needs a bassinet seat (requested & confirmed with CX) but I fear perhaps that may also be an issue for online checkin...

Any advice appreciated.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 1:26 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I honestly wouldn't worry until you have to. There's not much you can do to avoid being bumped if it is really going to happen, and if part of your party is bumped I'm pretty sure CX will understand and not make one of you travel without the others.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.