Wiki Posts
Search

Online Booking Using Miles - Problem

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2010, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Silver, QFF Bronze, Mabuhay Miles
Online Booking Using Miles - Problem

I am trying to book a reward flight on CX.com using my miles.
I went through the "Redeem Your Flight Now" area of the website, found the flight I wanted clicked to purchase it, and it came up with the miles and dollars required.
I clicked to continue then it came up with a error in red:
"We are unable to find recommendations for the date(s) / time(s) specified. However, you can see flights for alternate days by selecting other dates below. (7126 [-1])"

I have done this with a couple of dates and I can't seem to find one that works for me.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Is this a problem with me or the site?
Is it a temporary problem?
Or, is it just easier to call them to book the flight? (Do people normally book award flights online or via phone?)

This is the first time I have tried to use my miles to purchase flights, so am a little confused. Any input is appreciated.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 8:13 am

Call them at evening time (or avoid office peak hours, i.e. 0900~1000 & 1200~1400), book your flight but don't pay the miles yet as you can hold your seat for a month if CX or KA flight. Call again before the deadline & the time you sure that you can fly (even not sure, you can change for other date within a year of your ticket issue date)! Provide your Cr. card no. for the taxes. That's it & good luck! Enjoy your very 1st reward flight!
Old Apr 28, 2010, 3:47 pm

Programs: NH Plat, AA Gold
Had similar situations; in my case, I tried different months and found availability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.