CX and Expedia Dispute?

Old Apr 15, 10, 11:59 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
CX and Expedia Dispute?

Just called Expedia (NZ) to try and book a CX flight that wasn't showing up on Expedia. The guy told me there was a dispute between CX and Expedia so for "quite some time" no CX flights could be booked through them. Anyone know what the dispute is over?
Old Apr 16, 10, 12:52 am
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I don't know, but I bet it's commissions.

Is the fare on the CX website the one you want? You are probably better off booking direct to avoid any Expedia service fees.
Old Apr 16, 10, 12:59 am
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
Originally Posted by sxc View Post
I don't know, but I bet it's commissions.

Is the fare on the CX website the one you want? You are probably better off booking direct to avoid any Expedia service fees.
If I could find it on the CX website, believe me, I would. However, one of the flights in the itin has a QF codeshare and I'd rather book that than the CX code, due to the extra FF points I'll get as a Qantas FF. CX website won't let me do that, but one agent's site will.

Sadly, that agent charges $$$ in change/cancellation fees. Expedia has recently dropped their change and cancellation fees I believe.
Old Apr 16, 10, 9:44 am
Suspended

Programs: OWE, Hilton GOLD and counting
Why not call CX using Skype?
Old Apr 16, 10, 10:48 am

Programs: CX Silver, Ex-*A Silver, Ex-SPG Gold
try not to book from an online agent is the lesson i learnt.

Only book online at CX (with credit card to earn extra miles)@:-)
Or book through a reliable agent (TA or at CX) for muti-stops

Terrible experience at Vayama 2 years ago, just to change one day earlier, I have to cancel my tickets, book a new one, get on a refund all at one call, in returns they win a lots of service fees, I lose a lot of time and money.
Old Apr 16, 10, 5:39 pm

CX online gives you extra miles and good service. TA gives you flexibility and reliability. All other online booking are there to maximize their profits and treat you like dirt. Unless they are so cheap it's not worth it at all.
Old Apr 21, 10, 5:57 pm

In response to gbkid202 and Cathay Boy -
I can't speak for other online agencies, but I can tell you without exception that vayama is NOT in business to treat our customers like "dirt". Yes, we do charge fees for our Change and Refund services. But consider this....at least we are doing something for our customers. The airlines charge penalty fees for changes and refunds much greater than any online agency (averaging $200-$400/person) then make the issuing agency do all the work. Something isn't right with that picture.

The airlines raised their penalties to very high levels in an effort to DISCOURAGE customers from making changes. That tactic does work in cases where the change or cancelation is more a matter of convenience. But when the change or cancelation can't be helped.....those high penalties are a travesty. And it's the AGENCIES who take the heat.

In closing, if you book with vayama, then have any problem/concern/question, send an email to [email protected] Attn: David R. I'll get back to you promptly and assist however I can.

Happy Travels!
David
Vayama Customer Relations Manager

Search this Thread
Search Engine: