Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asia Miles phones always busy?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2010, 10:02 pm

Programs: CX MPC, Aeroplan, Starwood, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Cathay Boy
Never had a problem calling as GO. Maybe they're just busy answering elite fliers calls. Think about it, if they prioritize with status, that's big trouble for GR and AM members since CX has a ton of people when you add up DM-GO-SL
It's not the priority in answering calls, but rather the busy tone when attempting to connect to the MPC line. In this case, even DM members are affected, unless they have a different MPC tel. number to call.
Old May 2, 2010, 10:19 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by ahks
It's not the priority in answering calls, but rather the busy tone when attempting to connect to the MPC line. In this case, even DM members are affected, unless they have a different MPC tel. number to call.
I think DM do call a different number.

But even for GO and SL, *once they get through*, they go to the head of the queue after keying in their MPO number, which is still better than GR/non-MPO...
Old May 3, 2010, 12:31 am

I haven't had to call the AM / MPC hotline for a while now, but last year when I did call for redemption bookings, I'd call between 5am and 6am HK time. Never had to wait more than 5 minutes.
Old May 3, 2010, 1:30 am

Never had a problem calling as GO. Maybe they're just busy answering elite fliers calls. Think about it, if they prioritize with status, that's big trouble for GR and AM members since CX has a ton of people when you add up DM-GO-SL
(1) Yeah. I think it's part of Cathay's game plan to underprovide resources to this pool, and make as many people as possible go for the easy rewards - HKG-PEK, HKG-PVG, HKG-TPE, HKG-NRT or the non-flying awards.

Also conspiracy theory (2) - travel agents use the line too to help their customers manage their miles? Just hard to fathom who else has so much time at work to call MPO. If this is true, I like to know which travel agents offer this - please identify yourselves.
Old May 3, 2010, 8:18 am

Programs: AA EXP CXDM, Bonvoy Gold, WOH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Amex Cent
At the end of the day CX needs to improve the website. If they did this then maybe less people will call asking about availability for awards/upgrades on certain dates.

The CX website has only gone one way in the last year. BACKWARDS..
Old May 4, 2010, 1:30 am

Programs: SPG, Aeroplan, Marco Pollo Club
Well at least I am not alone in this

I waited 90 min. and no answer.

I finally got through between 3-4 AM hkg time on a Saturday. At least in this forum I can take comfort that I am not alone. I am just surprised that an airline that prides itself on service would let their FFP do this to their customers. Not everyone can be an elite status. Oh well that is why they invented speaker phones I suppose!
Old May 4, 2010, 7:31 am

Programs: LH M&M, CX MPC Green
Originally Posted by ahks
+1 on the bolded. I have not been able to get through the last few months at various times of the day.
Old May 17, 2010, 8:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
I kept getting screwed by TG (the callcenter was good though) so I just joined CX MPC to see what's up with Oneworld.

Wow. My first experience was 45 mins on hold during office hours until I hung up thinking I selected a wrong option. Then on hold again from 9pm to 10.30pm until I gave up.

I was going insane until I found this thread and learned that this is apparently normal.
Old May 25, 2010, 9:04 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11))

Bloody hell...new record today - 1 hr 40 mins (8:59 - 10:39).

Started my call at the office
Still ringing when I finished my planned work for the day
Kept ringing when a friend asked me to check how much he owedme from February
Got a bit hungry and fed up and left work - successfully forwarded my office call to my mobile and put my office on call forwarding
Put on my Bluetooth headset, still ringing (Robbie Williams still singing)
Got to the door of the restaurant when my Bluetooth gave out - it's a new one and I haven't quite gotten the hang of when I should be charging it. It's okay, changed to my iPod's headset - my phone has a 3.5mm jack
Had both earpieces on when I started queuing for the sushi place. Kept both pieces on when I was asked if I would won't mind sitting at an order table instead of a revolving belt table (no thanks I'll wait). Earpieces still on when I was finally seated at the revolving belt table.
Was digging into my third plate of sushi when someone finally picked up. Immediately tore the headphone from the jack and reached under the table for the booking file in my work bag. Thank goodness the seat next to me wasn't taken so I commandeered the space. Fortunately the line didn't drop and I was finally done!
Old May 25, 2010, 8:38 pm

Robbie Williams still singing
Last time I called the line, it was that dreadful "I can flyyyyyyyy... I can flyyyyyy!" song. Thank goodness they've changed it to something less vomit-inducing
Old May 26, 2010, 3:40 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by percysmith
Bloody hell...new record today - 1 hr 40 mins (8:59 - 10:39).
Actually, I'm quite anxious to know why you keep on calling CX?

Originally Posted by Ann Tyrol
Last time I called the line, it was that dreadful "I can flyyyyyyyy... I can flyyyyyy!" song. Thank goodness they've changed it to something less vomit-inducing
Robbie Williams seems to have some kind of contact with CX. He also sings "I just wanna feel..." at the end of the CX commercials.

http://www.robbiewilliams.com/forum/...ead.php?t=3621
Old May 26, 2010, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by toyotaboy95
Actually, I'm quite anxious to know why you keep on calling CX?
Cos I'm redeeming for relos who treat reward tix like unrestricted Y and change their minds all the time.
Old May 26, 2010, 10:39 am

Programs: AC*P, SPG
My complaint is that the hold music (when I called, at least) is a 30 second loop instead of...well, an actual full song.

I think I was slipping into insanity by the end of my half-hour call with Asia Miles.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand, my experience with busy tones and answer times are pretty much in line with most other members here. Busy signal for the longest time, but if lucky enough to get through, then at most a couple minutes' wait (was calling on behalf of a MPC Gold member).

I think the problem for lower tier members is that:

1 - It's hard enough to get through past the busy signal -- for anybody.
2 - Even if you eventually get through, your call gets bypassed in the queue by any call with higher status than you. So even if you're "next" up, at a moment's notice you could be bumped down to 2nd (or even 10th! )
Old May 26, 2010, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by incognism
My complaint is that the hold music (when I called, at least) is a 30 second loop instead of...well, an actual full song.

I think I was slipping into insanity by the end of my half-hour call with Asia Miles.

I think the problem for lower tier members is that:

1 - It's hard enough to get through past the busy signal -- for anybody.
2 - Even if you eventually get through, your call gets bypassed in the queue by any call with higher status than you. So even if you're "next" up, at a moment's notice you could be bumped down to 2nd (or even 10th! )
Again I'm surprised by that, I've rarely get a busy tone when I call MPC, even as a SL.

Anyway, sorry to hear your issues. Are you guys calling the toll-free line or direct line into Hong Kong? Maybe there's a difference? I always call the direct line and never had a significant busy-tone issue.

I can flyyyyyyyyyyyyy is a killer song.
Old May 27, 2010, 2:07 am

Programs: LH M&M, CX MPC Green
Again I'm surprised by that, I've rarely get a busy tone when I call MPC, even as a SL.

Anyway, sorry to hear your issues. Are you guys calling the toll-free line or direct line into Hong Kong? Maybe there's a difference? I always call the direct line and never had a significant busy-tone issue.
When I was SL I didn't have too many problems.

As a GO I have (more recently), on BOTH toll free and direct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.